Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Don't boot up after freeze

Tip us?

Vasya93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Don't boot up after freeze

I was watching video and phone froze. So i press the power button down to reset him, after that he shows infinite animation with colored dots.
I went to recovery and tried to factory reset but when it ried he tells me that he can't mount partitions. So i switch him to fastboot and tried flash stock rom but there was a problem saying flash drive failure. Then i erase userdata and fastboot again, and used method 2 with step by step commands and it worked. My question is anybody was having same problems? is this hardware related or just software failure?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3173
Sounds like some memory got corrupted and was fixed by flashing the factory image. I'd just keep an eye on your device and not worry

Vasya93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yea I though same way but this is third time it happens. I would say it happens once in a 1-2 weeks.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasya93 View Post
Yea I though same way but this is third time it happens. I would say it happens once in a 1-2 weeks.
Well, that's not good. Each time you had to flash the factory image? It sound like it could be hardware related

Vasya93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes same thing happens. But I will say that I was on custom kernel all this times, now I will be full stock and see what will happens.