FORUMS

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

Don't hate me, but with the Unlocking...

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By justinisloco, Guest on 19th February 2014, 08:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have unlocked and rooted my phone. I am proud of the fact that it is mine. I know to most people it isn't an issue, and it isn't THAT big of a deal, but i would like it to go away anyway...

Is there a way to hide the Lock Icon you get after unlocking the bootloader in the Boot sequence?
 
 
19th February 2014, 08:41 PM |#2  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,598
 
More
Yes. Re lock the bootloader with the "bootlocker" app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th February 2014, 08:47 PM |#3  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,653
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yes. Re lock the bootloader with the "bootlocker" app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

or lock it with fastboot oem lock
19th February 2014, 08:56 PM |#4  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,598
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

or lock it with fastboot oem lock

I'd prefer to recommend bootlocker. Once you have root access, you can lock / unlock /reset tamper flag at will without connecting to a pc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th February 2014, 09:04 PM |#5  
jsgraphicart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,633
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I'd prefer to recommend bootlocker. Once you have root access, you can lock / unlock /reset tamper flag at will without connecting to a pc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You sure its not Boot"UN"locker? I've never heard of an app that did this so, out of curiosity, I searched for "bootlocker" and found "bootunlocker" instead.
justinisloco
19th February 2014, 09:05 PM |#6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yes. Re lock the bootloader with the "bootlocker" app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is relocking it going to cause an issue if I decide to install a rom in the future? Or use Wugfresh to lock and unroot? Or will it be seamless?
19th February 2014, 09:07 PM |#7  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,598
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

You sure its not Boot"UN"locker? I've never heard of an app that did this so, out of curiosity, I searched for "bootlocker" and found "bootunlocker" instead.

Sorry, yes. Unlocker.





Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco

Is relocking it going to cause an issue if I decide to install a rom in the future? Or use Wugfresh to lock and unroot? Or will it be seamless?

You can still flash roms via recovery with a locked bootloader. You just need to unlock the bootloader again to update your recovery.

DON'T EVER USE TOOLKITS


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
justinisloco
19th February 2014, 09:15 PM |#8  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Sorry, yes. Unlocker.







You can still flash roms via recovery with a locked bootloader. You just need to unlock the bootloader again to update your recovery.

DON'T EVER USE TOOLKITS


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just to update recovery I will need to relock the bootloader?

And out of curiosity, why not use Toolkits? If its to help me gain experience, I usually have no problem using adb, but I'm at work and figured it was easier. That, and I am lazy
19th February 2014, 09:17 PM |#9  
El Daddy's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 5,126
 
More
As rootSU said, this is what you want. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...1.bootunlocker

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 09:26 PM |#10  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,598
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinisloco

Just to update recovery I will need to relock the bootloader?

And out of curiosity, why not use Toolkits? If its to help me gain experience, I usually have no problem using adb, but I'm at work and figured it was easier. That, and I am lazy

No. You'd need to unlock the bootloader to update recovery.

Its easy enough without toolkits. Being lazy and taking shortcuts is dangerous.

adb isn't really related to anything we're discussing here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes