Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 37,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dual boot Nexus 5 Android / Windows 8.x

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10733
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
He was a RC sometime back.. Not sure why he isn't anymore.

Not everybody cares about the member class .. You can help and contribute to xda with or without being a RC..

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
I resigned

Post about it here and some further responses to moderators a bit later on.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48436714

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2146

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
I resigned

Ohh Myy.. I must say that's a well constructed reply! I totally agree with you on almost all the points which you've mentioned except a few. But those are your personal opinions about RC tag and I'm nobody to challenge that. You are awesome!

Enough of OT from my side..
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

habitformer
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
He was a RC sometime back.. Not sure why he isn't anymore.

Not everybody cares about the member class .. You can help and contribute to xda with or without being a RC..

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
I agree with you 100%.I've been here since nearly the beginning. This is another account of mine.Unfortunately you and I both know that unless your "thanks" counter is extremely high or you have some title above senior people don't take you serious or even Have some "Team"allegiance. You might not agree with me for what ever reason but that is how most think.

Thank you for your reply.

I believe the OP's question was answered pretty well.Good job everyone.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2146

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitformer View Post
I agree with you 100%.I've been here since nearly the beginning. This is another account of mine.Unfortunately you and I both know that unless your "thanks" counter is extremely high or you have some title above senior people don't take you serious or even Have some "Team"allegiance. You might not agree with me for what ever reason but that is how most think.

Thank you for your reply.

I believe the OP's question was answered pretty well.Good job everyone.
I agree with the point you have made as well. My posts have been ignored many times in the past in the HTC One X forums and when a RC said the same thing, people followed him. Can't blame them though, it's human nature. Nothing can be done about it!

Seriously, this is my last OT post now! Hehe
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdrc45
Old
(Last edited by xdrc45; 9th May 2014 at 04:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
I resigned

Not to really to stay Off Topic here... But @rootSU keep up the great work! I personally appreciate your contributions and you still continue to be a staple in the xda community and have done a lot to benefit many of the fellow members and device forums. I've learned quite a bit from many of your stickies and general post and for that I Thank you!!
As you said... "You need to do what's best for you and by all means be yourself".

Edit:
To the topic at hand... I personally don't think that there will be any new development in porting or dual booting WP8 onto android, as WP8 is closed source. I think the best bet if you want android and windows to dual boot on a device it to look into the all mighty HTC HD2. Which lately you can find on swapa, eBay, Craig's list and etc... For an actually pretty darn recent price these days. I've seen a couple going from around $80 - $120 and they are in decent shape. I have actually consider getting another one just to tinker around with again.. It is a cool and fun device.
If you found my post Helpful Please click the Thank You Button!

Google Nexus 5 - Custom Rom - *Dirty Unicorns 4.4.3* - FrancoR53 - TWRP v2.7
LG Optimus L9 MS769 - *Kumakan 4.1.2* - Rooted - CWM - Locked BL
LG Motion 4G MS770 - Custom Rom - *CM 10*
HTC HD7 - WP - OS 7.8 - Custom Rom - *Deepshining* v8.1 Fully Unlocked
Samsung Admire - Custom Rom - *Open Android* v2.3.6
Huawei Ascend - M860 -Custom Rom - *CM 7.2*
Lenovo IdeaTab - A2109 - Custom Rom - *Paranoid/CM 10 Combo*
The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

habitformer
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
I resigned

Sorry to clutter this thread anymore of O.T posts here goes 1 more that after ready what I did I fee is worth it:
@rootSU I read your post and brief public conversation between you and woody.I respect you even.more for staying true to yourself while being respectful.
The Following User Says Thank You to habitformer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]