5,605,904 Members 47,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

dust stuck in the tiny groove around the edge

Tip us?

tracerit
Old
Thanks Meter 21
clear office tape works for me. the corners slides right in, and the static usually lifts up the dust, if it's dust.

chrisnewton
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i know this is an old thread but was curious, do you reckon if left the dust would eventually make its way to under the screen? i have a case around my edges and forget the dust is there !

joannn
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default dust stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by maolin95 View Post
I've spotted that small amount of dust is stuck in the groove (or 'crack' of some sort) around the screen of my device, especially the bottom bit. It is indeed annoying. Anyone has some suggestions? I tried the needles I have but none of them fits in there to get the dust out.
Don't try needles it could damage the touchscreen if not handled properly. So tough paper folded in a bit edgy way would do fine for dry dust cleaning. Or else you can try the service center cleanup once in a quarter .