ear piece stopped working after digitizer swap

Search This thread

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
Hey all looking for help. I cracked my screen and got a replacement screen/digitizer/frame and successfully switched everything to the new chassis. Everything works except for the ear piece. Any tips to getting it to work?

fiffan86

Dec 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hey all looking for help. I cracked my screen and got a replacement screen/digitizer/frame and successfully switched everything to the new chassis. Everything works except for the ear piece. Any tips to getting it to work?

Make sure that the contacts are lined up right to the motherboard, and make sure those contacts are clean

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
Thanks! I ordered a replacement anyway it was $9 on amazon. I accidently touched the ear piece with a magnetic screwdriver when I was trying to get screws. Would that fry the ear speaker? There's only one way the ear piece can possibly go that's why I'm confused about why its not working

TechParadoxUSA

Aug 17, 2015
Tacoma
techparadox.co
Take a look at your old chassis where the old ear piece was there should be a little plastic seat that boosts it up closer to the contacts. You have to transfer that with the earpiece to your new chassis.

This might be a necropost but I figured it might help someone else who is googling with this problem.

Reactions: mishmobile

kamcknig

Jan 26, 2013
Take a look at your old chassis where the old ear piece was there should be a little plastic seat that boosts it up closer to the contacts. You have to transfer that with the earpiece to your new chassis.

This might be a necropost but I figured it might help someone else who is googling with this problem.

Can you order that part as a replacement? I think I got rod of my old chassis before I realized I needed the piece underneath the earpiece.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.