Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Easter Egg not working

Tip us?

pistl_pete
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Easter Egg not working

So I just got a Nexus 5 and so far its been great. During my initial time playing around with it I decided to go ahead and see about some of the easter eggs google threw in. While they aren't useful they are fun and add a little to the experience. Strangely I found that various voice commands launch google search including the standard "Ok Google" and even "Go go gadget google" but I wasn't able to get the "Ok Jarvis" command to work. I'm curious as to whether or not this is fixable or if I am doing something wrong. Also while it makes no difference to me the KitKat animation easter egg only partly worked. The large K appeared but I wasn't able to manipulate it at all clicking it a few times went to the red screen but the K didn't move or spin or anything as I had seen it do in the past.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,763
RMA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistl_pete View Post
So I just got a Nexus 5 and so far its been great. During my initial time playing around with it I decided to go ahead and see about some of the easter eggs google threw in. While they aren't useful they are fun and add a little to the experience. Strangely I found that various voice commands launch google search including the standard "Ok Google" and even "Go go gadget google" but I wasn't able to get the "Ok Jarvis" command to work. I'm curious as to whether or not this is fixable or if I am doing something wrong. Also while it makes no difference to me the KitKat animation easter egg only partly worked. The large K appeared but I wasn't able to manipulate it at all clicking it a few times went to the red screen but the K didn't move or spin or anything as I had seen it do in the past.
ok jarvis was fixed by google. the easter egg animation, the k doesnt spin in android 4.4.2, it did in 4.4.1.. but if you long press the word android in the red screen, youll get a different animation, with all the android versions in it.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
RMA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
lol.
me calling google.. yea, id like to rma my phone, its completely broken! the hidden easter egg isnt fully functional. i paid 350 for this phone, and i need everything working!
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]