Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Elementalx question

OP prnz

26th June 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I'm not sure what forum it belongs under. In the Other Mods section of the kernel settings, is there any reason to check the box "Use ondemand governor"? It's ambiguous to me what governor this implies. Does checking this enable Elementalx's governor, or force using Android's native one?
26th June 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 113

409 posts
More
Ask here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519607

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th June 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 2,429

1,592 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourbound129

Ask here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519607

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No, that's a development thread. Questions like these belong in the Q&A section.
26th June 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnz

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I'm not sure what forum it belongs under. In the Other Mods section of the kernel settings, is there any reason to check the box "Use ondemand governor"? It's ambiguous to me what governor this implies. Does checking this enable Elementalx's governor, or force using Android's native one?

The "ondemand" governor is (IIRC) Android's native CPU governor. ElementalX has its own, eponymous default governor. So by checking "Use ondemand governor", you'd be using Android's native CPU governor.

Hope this helps.
26th June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 30,778

6,124 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnz

ElementalX governor is default

Checking ondemand during install will cause it to use ondemand instead of elementalx governor

You can ask this kind of thing in the development thread, it's just by random chance I happened to see this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread