Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Elementalx question

Tip us?

prnz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Elementalx question

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I'm not sure what forum it belongs under. In the Other Mods section of the kernel settings, is there any reason to check the box "Use ondemand governor"? It's ambiguous to me what governor this implies. Does checking this enable Elementalx's governor, or force using Android's native one?

tourbound129
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Ask here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519607

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HTC EVO LTE w/ MeanRom

Tijmen
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourbound129 View Post
Ask here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519607

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
No, that's a development thread. Questions like these belong in the Q&A section.

Cendolizer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnz View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I'm not sure what forum it belongs under. In the Other Mods section of the kernel settings, is there any reason to check the box "Use ondemand governor"? It's ambiguous to me what governor this implies. Does checking this enable Elementalx's governor, or force using Android's native one?
The "ondemand" governor is (IIRC) Android's native CPU governor. ElementalX has its own, eponymous default governor. So by checking "Use ondemand governor", you'd be using Android's native CPU governor.

Hope this helps.

flar2
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 25,794

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnz View Post
ElementalX governor is default

Checking ondemand during install will cause it to use ondemand instead of elementalx governor

You can ask this kind of thing in the development thread, it's just by random chance I happened to see this.