[Q] Encryption and custom recovery

Tip us?

ehcool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Encryption and custom recovery

Im just wondering for security reasons im thinking of using androids built in Encryption tool my question is will this effect things such as my custom recovery or other functions and will it have any negative effects on things like battery life or performance
My Devices

SPIGEN Ultra Hybrid Custom Backplate: For Nexus 5: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527376
Am I Rooted [Root Checker]: GET IT NOW
PassNotes: The Secure Notebook: GET IT NOW

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7398
Personally I stay away from encryption. I can't speak for this device but on the s3, if you encrypted sdcard, if you factory reset, that encryption key is lost and that data forever inaccessible. Whether nexus is any better, I don't know.

Recovery will boot fine but since it doesn't have the encryption key, I would assume it cannot browse data that's encrypted. Id love to hear otherwise on this

There will always be an overhead when writing / reading data within the encryption. Extra cycles will be used to actually process the encryption so I expect a slight impact in battery life and a slightly bigger impact to performance

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.