5,597,937 Members 38,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Error when installing OTA 4.4.2 Update. Any help would really be appreciated!

Tip us?

jeremy108
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Error when installing OTA 4.4.2 Update. Any help would really be appreciated!

For the second time, I got an error when installing the OTA 4.4.2 update for my nexus 5. My bootloader is unlocked, I am rooted, and I am running ART runtime for full disclosure. I haven't made any mods as far as I'm aware. Any help would really be appreciated! This is the error I get when installing:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system... "/system/app/GenieWidget.apk" has unexpected contents.
E:Error in /cache/b3d1f30762c7ba86c71a00e93a700e58b9977c41.s
igned-hammerhead-KOT49H-from-KRT16M.b3d1f307.zip (
Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thanks!

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1033
did you flash or alter anything? cause it looks like you did. says the geniewidget is not stock.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep

Synyster06Gates
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy108 View Post
For the second time, I got an error when installing the OTA 4.4.2 update for my nexus 5. My bootloader is unlocked, I am rooted, and I am running ART runtime for full disclosure. I haven't made any mods as far as I'm aware. Any help would really be appreciated! This is the error I get when installing:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system... "/system/app/GenieWidget.apk" has unexpected contents.
E:Error in /cache/b3d1f30762c7ba86c71a00e93a700e58b9977c41.s
igned-hammerhead-KOT49H-from-KRT16M.b3d1f307.zip (
Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thanks!
You have modified stock files. You can't do that. If you removed any stock APKs you need to re install them or use fastboot and flash the stock system.img.

You won't lose any data or anything.
Nexus 5 - AICP
T-Mobile GS3 T999L - Dandroid - GONE
ATT GS3 i-747 - Intergalactic 3.0 - GONE
HTC Inspire 4G - many different ROMs - GONE

jeremy108
Old
(Last edited by jeremy108; 14th December 2013 at 12:59 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates View Post
You have modified stock files. You can't do that. If you removed any stock APKs you need to re install them or use fastboot and flash the stock system.img.

You won't lose any data or anything.
I removed the Google news and weather system app (Geniewidget.apk) which I realize was stupid now. Can you tell me where I can find that app to install on my device? Thanks so much!

Or tell me where I can find directions on how to use fastboot to flash the stock system.img. Thanks!

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy108 View Post
I removed the Google news and weather system app (Geniewidget.apk) which I realize was stupid now. Can you tell me where I can find that app to install on my device? Thanks so much!

Or tell me where I can find directions on how to use fastboot to flash the stock system.img. Thanks!
I'm sure you can google it to find it, probably check in some PA GAPPS or something to find it or just google the filename and make sure it's the newer ones or it will still fail. Then just push it back to the sytem folder and you should be good.

OR

learn how to flash the system image from Google. You download the factory images then extract it to only pull out the system.IMG one. Then flash that using Fastboot.

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1374
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26914

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 123
where can i sideload the ota update .zip file using TWRP flashing? thanks im still on 4.4 stock rom but r20 franco kernel, thanks
8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom