[Q] Anyone else experience this?

Search This thread

grizzlywan

Dec 23, 2011
I have been rebooting my Nexus 5 when using Xposed Framework modules and for every perfect reboot I get a bootloop. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's frustrating that my Stock Rooted with Xposed Framework setup would cause bootloops and every time a bootloop occurs it eats up a lot of battery and makes the phone uncomfortably warm.

Pain-N-Panic

Mar 24, 2013
Droid
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have the same setup as you.....xposed never sent my device into boot loop. As the poster above me stated, are you using art or dalvik? I believe xposed does not work with art. Also, could using a module within xposed that is not developed for 4.4+ cause such misbehavior?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

txtmikhail

Oct 5, 2010
Virginia,USA
I have had this problem.. I don't know how to fix it.. I just restore a backup and try it again.. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I use Xposed on all my devices, I've never had so much as a stutter from it, let alone a bootloop. You've got something else going on. As others pointed out, if you are using ART runtime, Xposed isn't compatible.

grizzlywan

Dec 23, 2011
I use Xposed on all my devices, I've never had so much as a stutter from it, let alone a bootloop. You've got something else going on. As others pointed out, if you are using ART runtime, Xposed isn't compatible.

Yeah it's not that, I don't have ART enabled and on top of that enabling ART while Xposed is installed automatically sends you back into the OS and cancels the request for ART as a part of Xposed Framework, so I couldn't have enabled it anyway.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Yeah it's not that, I don't have ART enabled and on top of that enabling ART while Xposed is installed automatically sends you back into the OS and cancels the request for ART as a part of Xposed Framework, so I couldn't have enabled it anyway.

I wasn't inferring that ART was the only possible cause, just the most common. What modules are you trying to use?

grizzlywan

Dec 23, 2011
If you disable both mods do you still get boot loops? And are you using the version of GB that's meant for kitkat?

Still getting boot loops with both mods disabled, even went as far as to uninstall Xposed Framework to see if it would happen. I rebooted 10 times and it boot looped 3 times out of those 10.

Yes, using GravityBox for KitKat.