Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

FaceBook app on Nexus 5

27th February 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1,654

5,962 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenmhp

That it is definitely not. Any errors will be due to the Facebook app.

Yea the Facebook app is awful. I think they'd be better off just asking someone on xda to develop it for them

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
27th February 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #12  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 262

1,908 posts
More
FB app is a hog. I've had to tweak it to disable a couple of the services and also the startups so it doesn't kill battery. So far it does pretty good. I use Xposed and use BootManager to have it not load on startup, as well as ReceiverStop and kill a couple Receivers (appwidget_update and connectivity_change) so it just kills background stuff, not the actual app functions.
1st March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 21

259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious

FB app is a hog. I've had to tweak it to disable a couple of the services and also the startups so it doesn't kill battery. So far it does pretty good. I use Xposed and use BootManager to have it not load on startup, as well as ReceiverStop and kill a couple Receivers (appwidget_update and connectivity_change) so it just kills background stuff, not the actual app functions.

My facebook app doesnt drain at all weirdly, I set it to refresh every hour, notifications and messages always on, and sync turned off. Often appearing as the last or second last app on my battery stats at the end of the say with about 3% total usage, and yes I do use it, alot!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread