Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FaceBook app on Nexus 5

Tip us?

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenmhp View Post
That it is definitely not. Any errors will be due to the Facebook app.
Yea the Facebook app is awful. I think they'd be better off just asking someone on xda to develop it for them

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MrObvious
Old
Thanks Meter 259
FB app is a hog. I've had to tweak it to disable a couple of the services and also the startups so it doesn't kill battery. So far it does pretty good. I use Xposed and use BootManager to have it not load on startup, as well as ReceiverStop and kill a couple Receivers (appwidget_update and connectivity_change) so it just kills background stuff, not the actual app functions.

samkent6
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
FB app is a hog. I've had to tweak it to disable a couple of the services and also the startups so it doesn't kill battery. So far it does pretty good. I use Xposed and use BootManager to have it not load on startup, as well as ReceiverStop and kill a couple Receivers (appwidget_update and connectivity_change) so it just kills background stuff, not the actual app functions.
My facebook app doesnt drain at all weirdly, I set it to refresh every hour, notifications and messages always on, and sync turned off. Often appearing as the last or second last app on my battery stats at the end of the say with about 3% total usage, and yes I do use it, alot!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app