Failing battery sensor(?), unable to boot normally.

15th August 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 14

115 posts
More
So my issue is that my phone believes that the battery is out of power. Weather the phone is on or off it charges just fine when connecting the charger, it just doesn't show any indication. When it's on it reacts by activating the display when connecting the cord.
I found a workaround to boot up the phone though, but I'd like to be able to know what's left of the battery anyhow!
To boot up my device I have to disconnect the battery and connect the charger. That way I'm able to boot up download mode. Once I'm there I reconnect the battery and choose start. The phone boots just fine and I don't experience any issues at all.

It all happened when I switched out my cracked display for a new.
I even tried replacing the battery, as well as the flex cable connecting the USB port to the motherboard.

The only thing I could imagine be wrong would be some hardware sensor failing, but then again I don't see how that could have happened.
Is that sensor on the motherboard?

A thing I haven't yet tried is a factory reset. Would that have any impact?
16th August 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 14

115 posts
More
No ideas, huh?
16th August 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 848

2,237 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingaan

No ideas, huh?

You can try a factory reset but I don't know if it makes any difference since it sounds like an hardware problem.
Sorry :\
16th August 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Gadag
Thanks Meter: 486

1,903 posts
More
It's a hardware problem... Head to the service centre & let them know how it happened. They'll diagnose your problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread