Fully featured 3rd party Twitter app?

OP Incredible_Culp

11th March 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Loud City
Thanks Meter: 673

1,060 posts
Donate to Me
I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible and get to the point..

tL:dR = red

I'm looking for a fully featured 3rd party twitter app much like Falcon Pro was back in the day..

I've tried nearly all of them, I've even purchased some that I became very disappointed.

I need an app that notifies me on mentions, DM's, people who follow me, people who retweet me and favorite my tweets as well.. Much like the official one does. I love the official one but:

-Official -- Doesnt notify me anymore for some reason. I've tried all the fixes, nothing works.

-Falcon Pro -- Cant sign in anymore. Gives me the 'date and time setting' error.. Even created a twitter app that the dev says to do to bypass that,, Didnt work either.

-Tweetings -- The best one so far.. Hate the layout tho.. too crowded for my taste when i add more than one account. And the notifications, when upon clicked, (i.e. people who favorite me, and/or retweet me) doesnt take me to the 'tweet' that i posted. Once I click that notification, it just goes away. I would like to go back thru my mentions and 'see' what tweets of mine got favorited and/or retweeted.. If that makes sense.. Tweetings doesnt allow that.

-All other apps that I've tried have splendid ui's but lack the option of push notifications such as who have favorited my tweets and who retweeted my tweets... When people mention me, of course that notifies me, but no other notifications =/

Like I said, the official one was perfect after Falcon pro when bye bye, but it doesnt notify me anymore (been going on for almost a year now).. Falcon pro was my go to! LOVED that thing.. But no longer works for me either

Anybody recommend an app that I may not have tried yet that incorporates my wants..??
11th March 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,458

3,596 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would suggest Carbon for Twitter, however they're having issues with Authentication tokens for new users. I'd have a look at the apps in the play store tbh, I used to use TwitBird it pretty much caters your needs.
11th March 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Loud City
Thanks Meter: 673

1,060 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

I would suggest Carbon for Twitter, however they're having issues with Authentication tokens for new users. I'd have a look at the apps in the play store tbh, I used to use TwitBird it pretty much caters your needs.

Tried carbon as well.. it doesnt have the notifications that i mentioned =/ -- it may now though. I havent looked at it in a few months.. Ill check it out.. You said Twitbird..? I think i remember seeing that.. Ill check out that one too.

EDIT: Twitbird is only for ios
Last edited by Incredible_Culp; 11th March 2014 at 07:03 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread