OP les02jen17

3rd June 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 81

622 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am looking for a solution to backup the files inside my /sdcard directory (I know it's not a real sdcard, just emulated). Personally, I'd like to have something like this:

A program in the PC that detects when the Nexus 5 is plugged in via USB that triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy + paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa. Or, similarly, an program on the PC (that could be partnered by an app in the Nexus 5) that detects when the Nexus 5 connects to the same wifi network where the PC is connected and triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy+paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa.

Anyone? I hate MTP by the way. It just doesn't work well for me. It freezes up my Nexus 5 or PC and just takes a long time to copy files. I hate the fact that USB Mass Storage isn't working on the Nexus 5.
Last edited by les02jen17; 3rd June 2014 at 02:37 AM.
3rd June 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 36

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by les02jen17

I am looking for a solution to backup the files inside my /sdcard directory (I know it's not a real sdcard, just emulated). Personally, I'd like to have something like this:

A program in the PC that detects when the Nexus 5 is plugged in via USB that triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy + paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa. Or, similarly, an program on the PC (that could be partnered by an app in the Nexus 5) that detects when the Nexus 5 connects to the same wifi network where the PC is connected and triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy+paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa.

Anyone? I hate MTP by the way. It just doesn't work well for me. It freezes up my Nexus 5 or PC and just takes a long time to copy files. I hate the fact that USB Mass Storage isn't working on the Nexus 5.

try SyncMe wireless
3rd June 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #3  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 140

474 posts
More
Folder Sync from the Play Store

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to adrman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 81

622 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkLeviosa

try SyncMe wireless

I tried that but some of the ports required are closed and I cannot just open them since I'm not allowed to fiddle around the router (my brother would kill me). Trying out Goodsync Server right now. Will report back.
3rd June 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #5  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,341

4,045 posts
More
Quote:

I tried that but some of the ports required are closed and I cannot just open them since I'm not allowed to fiddle around the router (my brother would kill me). Trying out Goodsync Server right now. Will report back.

Install Folder Sync: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oldersync.full

Make an account under SMB/CIFS and select remote and local folders. I recently started using it and it works perfectly! I have scheduled it to run every night @ 11pm
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #6  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,193

23,210 posts
More
Another for folder sync. As per my thread here

[info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #7  
Flag benton city wa
Thanks Meter: 64

297 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Try snapea is works good fire me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread