Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

File syncing through USB/wifi?

Tip us?

les02jen17
Old
(Last edited by les02jen17; 3rd June 2014 at 02:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Default File syncing through USB/wifi?

I am looking for a solution to backup the files inside my /sdcard directory (I know it's not a real sdcard, just emulated). Personally, I'd like to have something like this:

A program in the PC that detects when the Nexus 5 is plugged in via USB that triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy + paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa. Or, similarly, an program on the PC (that could be partnered by an app in the Nexus 5) that detects when the Nexus 5 connects to the same wifi network where the PC is connected and triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy+paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa.

Anyone? I hate MTP by the way. It just doesn't work well for me. It freezes up my Nexus 5 or PC and just takes a long time to copy files. I hate the fact that USB Mass Storage isn't working on the Nexus 5.

pinkLeviosa
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by les02jen17 View Post
I am looking for a solution to backup the files inside my /sdcard directory (I know it's not a real sdcard, just emulated). Personally, I'd like to have something like this:

A program in the PC that detects when the Nexus 5 is plugged in via USB that triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy + paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa. Or, similarly, an program on the PC (that could be partnered by an app in the Nexus 5) that detects when the Nexus 5 connects to the same wifi network where the PC is connected and triggers an automatic backup/sync (copy+paste) of all/selected files/folders to the PC/Nexus 5/vice-versa.

Anyone? I hate MTP by the way. It just doesn't work well for me. It freezes up my Nexus 5 or PC and just takes a long time to copy files. I hate the fact that USB Mass Storage isn't working on the Nexus 5.
try SyncMe wireless
pinkLeviosa<3
im just tryin' to help, so i hope it works

User of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210/R
Inspire Rom by JT1510365 | Blackhawk Kernel by Ketut.Kumajaya

adrman
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Folder Sync from the Play Store

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to adrman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

les02jen17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkLeviosa View Post
try SyncMe wireless
I tried that but some of the ports required are closed and I cannot just open them since I'm not allowed to fiddle around the router (my brother would kill me). Trying out Goodsync Server right now. Will report back.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,154

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I tried that but some of the ports required are closed and I cannot just open them since I'm not allowed to fiddle around the router (my brother would kill me). Trying out Goodsync Server right now. Will report back.
Install Folder Sync: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oldersync.full

Make an account under SMB/CIFS and select remote and local folders. I recently started using it and it works perfectly! I have scheduled it to run every night @ 11pm
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,879
Another for folder sync. As per my thread here

[info] Storage: Nexus 5 Data (info / loss / recovery / prevention)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534010

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tlopez1973
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Try snapea is works good fire me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app