FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Not all files are shown on PC

1,769 posts
Thanks Meter: 631
 
By DelBoy, Recognized Contributor on 17th February 2014, 05:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,
anyone have this issue. Not all files and folders are shown on PC when I connect my Nexus to PC. By this, I mean files and folders that are creating when I download it from internet on phone and later when I connect phone to PC those files and folders dont exist there. I can view them only on phone.

Why is this happening?
 
 
17th February 2014, 05:23 PM |#2  
DelBoy's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 631
 
More
Ok, I found them.
There is this folder, storage-emulated-legacay-Movies-and here are new files.
Real folder is just Movies.

Why is this like that on Nexus?
17th February 2014, 05:24 PM |#3  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,811
 
More
I don't know the answer but if there is an answer, it will be in all the other threads about this that I've seen. Did you search?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
17th February 2014, 07:29 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I don't know the answer but if there is an answer, it will be in all the other threads about this that I've seen. Did you search?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Some files I m not able to access through my pc it just shows a white tile icon on pc and I can't open that folder/file, opening the properties from my pc shows that files are 0 bytes but these folders/files work fine on my phone..can u help me with this.
17th February 2014, 07:33 PM |#5  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,811
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993

Some files I m not able to access through my pc it just shows a white tile icon on pc and I can't open that folder/file, opening the properties from my pc shows that files are 0 bytes but these folders/files work fine on my phone..can u help me with this.

I've seen it before. I get this for a few seconds after mounting but they all turn into folders. On the odd occasion it didn't, a reboot usually fixed it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
17th February 2014, 07:48 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I've seen it before. I get this for a few seconds after mounting but they all turn into folders. On the odd occasion it didn't, a reboot usually fixed it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mine doesn't get fixed, it stays like that only. every time one or the other file is like that.
Is it a bug with MTP?
17th February 2014, 09:45 PM |#7  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,811
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993

Mine doesn't get fixed, it stays like that only. every time one or the other file is like that.
Is it a bug with MTP?

Tried different;

USB Ports?
USB cables?
Computers?
Drivers?


Did you read the other threads about this same problem? I've seen several here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes