Ask a question

No registration required

Firmware Update On Nexus 5?

OP b1969

5th April 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

92 posts
I new to the Nexus 5, I used to to used the HTC One and on the One I could flashed ROM, radio, and firmware. I know that Google will soon release Android 4.4.3. Currently I have my Nexus 5 rooted with TWRP and PA. On my old One what I did when HTC released 4.4.2 update, was I flashed the phone back to stock (with S-OFF) get the update then rerooted with a custom ROM so that I can have the latest firmware. My question is that will I have to do the same thing too? Does the Nexus 5 even have a firmware update? If the new update does contain a new firmware can I used the method I used on the One? Or can I just update my PA ROM to 4.4.3 and be done?

Thanks for the help, I am just confused right now.
5th April 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Great White , Michigan
Thanks Meter: 304

734 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1969

I new to the Nexus 5, I used to to used the HTC One and on the One I could flashed ROM, radio, and firmware. I know that Google will soon release Android 4.4.3. Currently I have my Nexus 5 rooted with TWRP and PA. On my old One what I did when HTC released 4.4.2 update, was I flashed the phone back to stock (with S-OFF) get the update then rerooted with a custom ROM so that I can have the latest firmware. My question is that will I have to do the same thing too? Does the Nexus 5 even have a firmware update? If the new update does contain a new firmware can I used the method I used on the One? Or can I just update my PA ROM to 4.4.3 and be done?

Thanks for the help, I am just confused right now.

Take a look at the N5 OTA help desk, it will have the answers that you need.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...-desk-t2523217
The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,813

27,391 posts
pa will add 4.4.3 into the rom when the code gets released. all youll have to do is update your pa rom when they release it.
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

pa will add 4.4.3 into the rom when the code gets released. all youll have to do is update your pa rom when they release it.

Thank you for the info.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread