Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firmware Update On Nexus 5?

Tip us?

b1969
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Firmware Update On Nexus 5?

I new to the Nexus 5, I used to to used the HTC One and on the One I could flashed ROM, radio, and firmware. I know that Google will soon release Android 4.4.3. Currently I have my Nexus 5 rooted with TWRP and PA. On my old One what I did when HTC released 4.4.2 update, was I flashed the phone back to stock (with S-OFF) get the update then rerooted with a custom ROM so that I can have the latest firmware. My question is that will I have to do the same thing too? Does the Nexus 5 even have a firmware update? If the new update does contain a new firmware can I used the method I used on the One? Or can I just update my PA ROM to 4.4.3 and be done?

Thanks for the help, I am just confused right now.

xdrc45
Old
Thanks Meter 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1969 View Post
I new to the Nexus 5, I used to to used the HTC One and on the One I could flashed ROM, radio, and firmware. I know that Google will soon release Android 4.4.3. Currently I have my Nexus 5 rooted with TWRP and PA. On my old One what I did when HTC released 4.4.2 update, was I flashed the phone back to stock (with S-OFF) get the update then rerooted with a custom ROM so that I can have the latest firmware. My question is that will I have to do the same thing too? Does the Nexus 5 even have a firmware update? If the new update does contain a new firmware can I used the method I used on the One? Or can I just update my PA ROM to 4.4.3 and be done?

Thanks for the help, I am just confused right now.
Take a look at the N5 OTA help desk, it will have the answers that you need.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...-desk-t2523217
If you found my post Helpful Please click the Thank You Button!

Google Nexus 5 - Custom Rom - *Dirty Unicorns 4.4.3* - FrancoR53 - TWRP v2.7
LG Optimus L9 MS769 - *Kumakan 4.1.2* - Rooted - CWM - Locked BL
LG Motion 4G MS770 - Custom Rom - *CM 10*
HTC HD7 - WP - OS 7.8 - Custom Rom - *Deepshining* v8.1 Fully Unlocked
Samsung Admire - Custom Rom - *Open Android* v2.3.6
Huawei Ascend - M860 -Custom Rom - *CM 7.2*
Lenovo IdeaTab - A2109 - Custom Rom - *Paranoid/CM 10 Combo*
The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20735
pa will add 4.4.3 into the rom when the code gets released. all youll have to do is update your pa rom when they release it.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b1969
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
pa will add 4.4.3 into the rom when the code gets released. all youll have to do is update your pa rom when they release it.
Thank you for the info.