5,600,429 Members 32,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix for: "Force OTA" thread..

Tip us?

andrut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation Fix for: "Force OTA" thread..

Hi everyone...

I've done the most stupid thing in my entire life with Android - I've trusted OP of this thread (the Force OTA how-to).

I've struggled with getting all push notifications and tokens for almost all Google service.
There's only one left, that doesn't work: android device manager doesn't see my device.

I know that other people had problems with it also, I didn't get it back to work with any instruction available.
I don't want to factory reset...

Is there any way I can re-add my device to Google Play (it's listed and I can push apps to device) and Android Device Manager?
ATM it just says I don't have any...

BTW: The other thread should be removed as this stupid method only causes problems!
Unfortunately it's just closed.

andQlimax
Old
Thanks Meter 818

DONATE TO ME
the fix should be very easy: remove and re-add your google account from settings->account->google
you won't loose anything
Google Nexus 5 | Stock Rom | Rooted | Xposed
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

Delayed Push Notifications? Push Notifications Fixer

andrut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I wouldn't ask if it would be so easy.
I've tried that, i've tried giving permissions to manager once again, i've trying re-caching the google play store.

The only thing that changed was that my phone now shows up in google-play list (as my device).

andQlimax
Old
Thanks Meter 818

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrut View Post
I wouldn't ask if it would be so easy.
I've tried that, i've tried giving permissions to manager once again, i've trying re-caching the google play store.

The only thing that changed was that my phone now shows up in google-play list (as my device).
What I said before IS the fix, what does not work yet? did you tried a restart of the phone?
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

andrut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I've tried that already two days ago.
I have push notifications, I have working PlayStore, I can see device on the device-list and 'last usage' data is updating everyday.
What I don't see is my device in "android device manager" (website to track phone & ring/clear it).

andQlimax
Old
Thanks Meter 818

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrut View Post
I've tried that already two days ago.
I have push notifications, I have working PlayStore, I can see device on the device-list and 'last usage' data is updating everyday.
What I don't see is my device in "android device manager" (website to track phone & ring/clear it).
then try to check on "google settings" app on your phone if device management is enabled (location + wipe)..or maybe it needs some time to appear on the website again
Nokia N70

andrut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It is set, i've searched for all possible options.
It's strange as it need so much time to appear... After first run it showed up seconds later on my account.