is there a fix for yellow tint?

Tip us?

Acud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default is there a fix for yellow tint?

hello everyone!

ive been browsing through XDA's nexus5 forums for hours and hours but i feel like my question hasn't really been answered so far. i cant post in the development forum with the faux app thread (i have less than 10posts which are required) so i'm posting in this sub forum.

i got my n5 yesterday and it has yellow tint. the colors look washed out too. question:
has anybody been able to fix his yellow tint with faux app + faux kernel/franco's kernel? so is it only a software issue (bad calibration) or is it a hardware issue which cant be fixed on our side?

everything else seems to be fine so i dont really want to RMA it now and get 3 other faulty RMAs with dead pixels or rattling buttons like some other people on XDA.

thanks in advance!

Synyster06Gates
Old
Thanks Meter 97
How yellow are we talking? The Nexus 5s are noticeably more warm than most other phones out there, but they are more accurate when it comes to color reproduction. Unless it's MAJOR, then I wouldn't worry about it. You'll get used to it. Then there's this... which I don't know much about.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544128
Nexus 5 - AICP
T-Mobile GS3 T999L - Dandroid - GONE
ATT GS3 i-747 - Intergalactic 3.0 - GONE
HTC Inspire 4G - many different ROMs - GONE

qbanlinxx
Old
Thanks Meter 145
My colors also looked a little more yellow after the update to 4.4.2, can anyone else confirm this ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Acud
Old
(Last edited by Acud; 10th December 2013 at 02:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates View Post
How yellow are we talking? The Nexus 5s are noticeably more warm than most other phones out there, but they are more accurate when it comes to color reproduction. Unless it's MAJOR, then I wouldn't worry about it. You'll get used to it. Then there's this... which I don't know much about.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544128
it's definitely noticeable and quite annoying. the colors also look washed out and the entire display isn't as sharp as it should be (i think this is related to the general color/gamma problem). compared the color to my nexus S and you could directly see the difference. but i would say that ive seen much worse displays on pictures in the defects thread and other threads on here and that's why i'm hoping that it's fixable

yes, that's the app that ive linked in my first post. i'd be very happy if someone who has/had yellow tint and tested this app could post in here

Synyster06Gates
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acud View Post
it's definitely noticeable and quite annoying. the colors also look washed out and the entire display isn't as sharp as it should be (i think this is related to the general color/gamma problem). compared the color to my nexus S and you could directly see the difference. but i would say that ive seen much worse displays on pictures in the defects thread and other threads on here and that's why i'm hoping that it's fixable

yes, that's the app that ive linked in my first post. i'd be very happy if someone who has/had yellow tint and tested this app could post in here
Samsung displays are known to be VERY oversaturated. I came from the S3 and I thought it was a great looking display. When I got my N5 I thought it was okay, nothing great. Now I love it. If I look at the S3/S4 it hurts my eyes it looks so bad!
Nexus 5 - AICP
T-Mobile GS3 T999L - Dandroid - GONE
ATT GS3 i-747 - Intergalactic 3.0 - GONE
HTC Inspire 4G - many different ROMs - GONE

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 522
It seems to be an issue that's affecting a really small subset of devices. The screen on my phone isn't yellow at all - in fact, it's just about perfect. I've read that people have been able to fix it by installing Franco's kernel, which makes sense because my screen gets too blue when I install it. If you make a yellowish display bluer, it should look normal.