Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing stock based ROMS??

Tip us?

hshshawn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default [Q] Flashing stock based ROMS??

I am having issues flashing stock based ROMS that I cannot seem to figure out. I can flash any AOSP rom such as CM, SlimKat or PA with no issue I can even flash the stock rooted rom with no issue but every time I try to flash Cataclysm or Kangakat it just hangs I have left it for 15 minutes and I do not get a success or a failure message. I have tried both TWRP and CWM recoveries, multiple downloads, and flashed over to stock before wiping and flashing. Nothing seems to yield any different results I am at a loss as I have been flashing for years and never encountered this before and have not really found anyone with a similar issue?

Any help or insight would be wonderful!!!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3043
Are you wiping data before flashing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9795
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshshawn View Post
I am having issues flashing stock based ROMS that I cannot seem to figure out. I can flash any AOSP rom such as CM, SlimKat or PA with no issue I can even flash the stock rooted rom with no issue but every time I try to flash Cataclysm or Kangakat it just hangs I have left it for 15 minutes and I do not get a success or a failure message. I have tried both TWRP and CWM recoveries, multiple downloads, and flashed over to stock before wiping and flashing. Nothing seems to yield any different results I am at a loss as I have been flashing for years and never encountered this before and have not really found anyone with a similar issue?

Any help or insight would be wonderful!!!
I used to use Kangakat. The mount and format process of /system (done by the updater-script in the zip file for that ROM) DOES take forever. All you can do is wait. It will finish eventually. It hasn't hanged. It's just VERY slow.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

hshshawn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Are you wiping data before flashing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Yes I have done factory resets and manually wiped data, system and caches multiple times(I know it is not need just trying anything)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
I used to use Kangakat. The mount and format process of /system (done by the updater-script in the zip file for that ROM) DOES take forever. All you can do is wait. It will finish eventually. It hasn't hanged. It's just VERY slow.
I do understand that and I have waited upwards of 20 30 minutes is it truly that long I just have never seen a flash take that long?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9795
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshshawn View Post
Yes I have done factory resets and manually wiped data, system and caches multiple times(I know it is not need just trying anything)

I do understand that and I have waited upwards of 20 30 minutes is it truly that long I just have never seen a flash take that long?
Try and edit the updater-script to remove the format line
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]