[Q] Flashing stock based ROMS??

OP hshshawn

6th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Oh
Thanks Meter: 45

223 posts
More
I am having issues flashing stock based ROMS that I cannot seem to figure out. I can flash any AOSP rom such as CM, SlimKat or PA with no issue I can even flash the stock rooted rom with no issue but every time I try to flash Cataclysm or Kangakat it just hangs I have left it for 15 minutes and I do not get a success or a failure message. I have tried both TWRP and CWM recoveries, multiple downloads, and flashed over to stock before wiping and flashing. Nothing seems to yield any different results I am at a loss as I have been flashing for years and never encountered this before and have not really found anyone with a similar issue?

Any help or insight would be wonderful!!!
6th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,792

10,863 posts
Are you wiping data before flashing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,473

24,578 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshshawn

I am having issues flashing stock based ROMS that I cannot seem to figure out. I can flash any AOSP rom such as CM, SlimKat or PA with no issue I can even flash the stock rooted rom with no issue but every time I try to flash Cataclysm or Kangakat it just hangs I have left it for 15 minutes and I do not get a success or a failure message. I have tried both TWRP and CWM recoveries, multiple downloads, and flashed over to stock before wiping and flashing. Nothing seems to yield any different results I am at a loss as I have been flashing for years and never encountered this before and have not really found anyone with a similar issue?

Any help or insight would be wonderful!!!

I used to use Kangakat. The mount and format process of /system (done by the updater-script in the zip file for that ROM) DOES take forever. All you can do is wait. It will finish eventually. It hasn't hanged. It's just VERY slow.
6th May 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Oh
Thanks Meter: 45

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Are you wiping data before flashing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes I have done factory resets and manually wiped data, system and caches multiple times(I know it is not need just trying anything)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I used to use Kangakat. The mount and format process of /system (done by the updater-script in the zip file for that ROM) DOES take forever. All you can do is wait. It will finish eventually. It hasn't hanged. It's just VERY slow.

I do understand that and I have waited upwards of 20 30 minutes is it truly that long I just have never seen a flash take that long?
6th May 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,473

24,578 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshshawn

Yes I have done factory resets and manually wiped data, system and caches multiple times(I know it is not need just trying anything)

I do understand that and I have waited upwards of 20 30 minutes is it truly that long I just have never seen a flash take that long?

Try and edit the updater-script to remove the format line
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread