Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 41,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar" has unexpected contents

Tip us?

wardy277
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question [Q] "/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar" has unexpected contents

Hi,

I have stock rooted Android 4.4.2 on my Nexus 5. I use xposed for all my ROM like needs. When the OTA update downlaoded i remembered before i had a bit of trouble due to app_process having unexpected results, whic hwas casued by xposed. So i have disabled/xposed but the error i am getting on flashing is:

Code:
"/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar" has unexpected contents
Does anyone know what would have caused this? an xposed module perhaps? I thought may be another app so i uninstalled busybox (through the app) but its still throwing the error.

Does anyone know what the cause may be? I have found the full image for 4.4.3 but the alt time i updated the factory images from Google it formatted my data and my sdcard partition, so i wouldn't not like to do that again. Is there another way to flash the full image, not just the patch?

Chris

Lethargy
Old
(Last edited by Lethargy; 9th June 2014 at 09:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy277 View Post
Hi,

I have stock rooted Android 4.4.2 on my Nexus 5. I use xposed for all my ROM like needs. When the OTA update downlaoded i remembered before i had a bit of trouble due to app_process having unexpected results, whic hwas casued by xposed. So i have disabled/xposed but the error i am getting on flashing is:

Code:
"/system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar" has unexpected contents
Does anyone know what would have caused this? an xposed module perhaps? I thought may be another app so i uninstalled busybox (through the app) but its still throwing the error.

Does anyone know what the cause may be? I have found the full image for 4.4.3 but the alt time i updated the factory images from Google it formatted my data and my sdcard partition, so i wouldn't not like to do that again. Is there another way to flash the full image, not just the patch?

Chris
Flash boot.img, cache.img, system.img and the new radio manually (don't use flash-all.bat or flash-all.sh) in fastboot and it won't wipe your data and sdcard.

Also if you don't want to do that, try taking the original /system/framework/com.google.android.media.effects.jar out of the 4.4.2 factory image and copying it to your phone, and clear cache/dalvik afterwards.

You probably changed something else that requires root access, anything small could stop the OTA from working so I recommend you just flash the .img files with fastboot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,446
How have you disabled Xposed? Unless you did the "uninstall framework", Xposed is still loading custom java
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

wardy277
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I disabled xposed from within the xposed installed app (it was label uninstall).

I have used the factory images to restore the images manually and it hasn't wiped my data which is nice.

thank you for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to wardy277 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.4.3, ota, xposed