Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more

What’s Your Biggest Reason for Not Owning an iPhone?

With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see … more

“New Kernel” for OnePlus One

If you are hungry for a new kernel on your OnePlus One, XDA Senior Member jgcaap‘s … more

GMD GestureControl Gets Lollipop Support

GMD GestureControl is an app that allows you to control your (rooted) devices with multitouch … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Franco Kernel for cm11

18th March 2014, 09:06 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Nexus 4 community has a working cm11 franco
they used 2 cherrypicks from CM's Github c53fb6d134 and 07cbfb9a9c to achieve it
Can someone please post a test build here with these 2 cherrypicks
i dont know how to build a kernel
Thank You
18th March 2014, 04:25 PM |#2  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,530
 
5,785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawsm4

Nexus 4 community has a working cm11 franco
they used 2 cherrypicks from CM's Github c53fb6d134 and 07cbfb9a9c to achieve it
Can someone please post a test build here with these 2 cherrypicks
i dont know how to build a kernel
Thank You

Nexus 5 community has this
No need to build a kernel yourself.
18th March 2014, 05:38 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Nexus 5 community has this
No need to build a kernel yourself.

many people are complaining that it doesnt work with the new nightlies
18th March 2014, 05:57 PM |#4  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,530
 
5,785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawsm4

many people are complaining that it doesnt work with the new nightlies

So make your choice between CAF and AOSP.
18th March 2014, 06:00 PM |#5  
gamer.11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ernakulam
Thanks Meter: 81
 
485 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
best thing you can do is

build your own kernel(ask them what they used/changed)
or
try alternative CAF kernels
or
wait till the devs do it themselves.

You cant rush genius.
19th March 2014, 05:43 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
its just that only if someone could make a test build with those 2 cherrypicks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes