Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fresh install android L & codeblue. Problems with storage

Tip us?

Flon22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Fresh install android L & codeblue. Problems with storage

Hey all, been using Android L for a while and has been working fine. Installed the Codeblue kernel today for the extra bettery life, did a fresh install of L for good measure and now my storage is all a little bit messed up.

Gallery etc works fine but looking on a file manager or on a pc shows no files. It also doesn't let me write from the pc.

Any ideas?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,336
Yeah, start over. Flash L in fastboot then do a factory reset right after. Then resetup your recovery and root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kortxero
Old
Thanks Meter 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flon22 View Post
Hey all, been using Android L for a while and has been working fine. Installed the Codeblue kernel today for the extra bettery life, did a fresh install of L for good measure and now my storage is all a little bit messed up.

Gallery etc works fine but looking on a file manager or on a pc shows no files. It also doesn't let me write from the pc.

Any ideas?
You may be a victim of the infamous No SD card bug. Does the "Storage" option in the "Settings" show the right amount of internal storage?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kortxero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Flon22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yea, the storage size was reporting correctly. Things like the camera would take images and save them completely fine, but I couldn't access any files on storage from a file manager or PC. It's like nothing I've read about!

Anyway, I've reflashed lpv79 using the nexus toolkit then factory reset. Seems to have fixed it, now to root and get codeblue back on

Thanks guys