Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Getting INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT after migrating to ART

Tip us?

ericjslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Getting INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT after migrating to ART

Hello all,

For some apps (especially launchers: both Apex and Nova) installing via adb fails and shows the error message "INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT". This began to happen after I migrated to the ART runtime. Any clue? Thanks.

thenobol
Old
Thanks Meter 130
hmm, so you say you install, it via adb, it can be related to adb. errors like these are already mentioned on xda, stackoverflow and other sites. because art and nova are working for me, and I didn't install it via adb, and some people on stackoverflow already sad it can be adb related, I would try to manually install the app via the apk and a file explore or the playstore

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5

ericjslee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenobol View Post
hmm, so you say you install, it via adb, it can be related to adb. errors like these are already mentioned on xda, stackoverflow and other sites. because art and nova are working for me, and I didn't install it via adb, and some people on stackoverflow already sad it can be adb related, I would try to manually install the app via the apk and a file explore or the playstore

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks. I also read some answers/suggestions on stackoverflow and couldn't find any working solution. When installed from the Play Store I get the error 'Unknown error code during application install: "-24"' and when manually installed through Root Explorer the result is "App not installed". Any possible explanations you can think of??