[Q] Might be getting a N5! But the battery...

Search This thread

GhostSoldier_US

Jan 4, 2011
Winder
How is the battery life? From what I have seen its mixed some people are getting good and others are getting terrible. I normally use the screen in total maybe 3-4 hours a day and playing music from google play about an hour total so could I make it through a charge on that?

skippywilcox

Oct 24, 2012
Calgary, Ab
How is the battery life? From what I have seen its mixed some people are getting good and others are getting terrible. I normally use the screen in total maybe 3-4 hours a day and playing music from google play about an hour total so could I make it through a charge on that?

this is my battery, i get up at 530am unplug my phone, go to work where therees no wifi, work till 330, get home at 430, then connect to wifi.

im on DroidKang rom and francos kernel.
i got this phone a week ago. trust me, its the best phone ive owned. :)

whozilla

Mar 5, 2012
signal hill ca
this is my battery, i get up at 530am unplug my phone, go to work where therees no wifi, work till 330, get home at 430, then connect to wifi.

im on DroidKang rom and francos kernel.
i got this phone a week ago. trust me, its the best phone ive owned. :)

That's sweet dude. I'm getting 3-4 hours screen time. But my idle is pretty good. Getting around a 30% drain every 8hrs with one of the hours screen on and another for phone calls. Then some various data usage. How do you get such good screen time? Mind if I ask you your load out?
I'm using mahdi +Franco 32. Greenified. Tweaked dalvik and bionic libraries

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Battery life for me has been nothing short of stellar. 5 hrs screen time, can go 2 full days on a charge if need be. With all the moaning about the battery size I expected horrible battery life. That's definitely not the case.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LamboBull

Sep 23, 2012
Melbourne
Reviewers say its bad battery life, because stock kernel uses so much unecessary power. Flash a custom kernel and I reached 2.5 days with light - medium use (4 hrs sot).

Sent from my Nexus 5

gbarayah

Dec 2, 2009
California
I've had a handful of Android devices and this is the best battery life I have ever experienced.

I've gotten over 5 hours SOT in one day of heavy use.

Over the last weekend, I went 2 days off the charger with 2.5 hours of SOT on LTE only and still had 35% battery remaining when I plugged in for a charge.

I'm running completely stock and rooted.

Dragn4rce

Jun 29, 2012
Anaheim
e6ejedav.jpg
2apedegy.jpg

Sent from my Ñ£×Ú$ 5

00MATRIX00

Dec 11, 2013
i get 5 hours of screen on time on my nexus 5(not rooted.) but the thing is,there is 3g or 4g here in my country(goddammit:mad:).so 2g drains very little battery.My brightness is is somewhere between 30-100% and wifi is usually on.all time.i use tasker to cut the brightness to zero when the sceen is off.

radiocaf

Jan 12, 2014
Yesterday I got 13 and a half hours out of 50% of my battery before I set it on the wireless charger.

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
I'm just about at 9 hours. Just casual browsing xda forums and 5-10 mins at a time.
1.5hrs screen time and only just dropped to 86% while writing this.
Slimkat
Faux kernel
Gravitybox & viper4android

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390934660934.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390934660934.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 41
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390934672025.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390934672025.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 43

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I get around 2-3 hours of screen time. If you don't mess with your phone and install custom kernels and undervolt and all that, I guess that's that you get. I would say battery is comparable to the iPhone 5s.

This is with sync off and location off btw.

phazerorg

Feb 22, 2011
I'm getting excellent battery life as well. On days of light usage I don't even need to plug it in when I go to bed, I just top it up while I get ready for work in the morning. On days when I use it heavily, I still have 30% or more left before putting it down for the night. Screen time varies from 2-5 hours, depending on what exactly I've been doing and how good my signal is. I have no issues at all with the battery performance, it's awesome.

Any bets on when dicecuber will appear in this thread to tell us how absolutely terrible the battery is?

Reactions: WarRaven

frog1982

Oct 18, 2012
Battery life is not a worry I get better time on this then any of my previous phones and have no worry's of it lasting through the day. Although I am a little jealous of my wife's insane battery life on her xperia z1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it will depend on the quality of your phone/data connection mostly, and how you set up your phone. i use purely lte, as i have a great lte connection, and see a minimum of 5-5.5 hours screen on time.
    Reviewers say its bad battery life, because stock kernel uses so much unecessary power. Flash a custom kernel and I reached 2.5 days with light - medium use (4 hrs sot).

Sent from my Nexus 5

I get 5+ hours SOT and 2+ days use with stock kernel just fine...
    I'm getting excellent battery life as well. On days of light usage I don't even need to plug it in when I go to bed, I just top it up while I get ready for work in the morning. On days when I use it heavily, I still have 30% or more left before putting it down for the night. Screen time varies from 2-5 hours, depending on what exactly I've been doing and how good my signal is. I have no issues at all with the battery performance, it's awesome.

Any bets on when dicecuber will appear in this thread to tell us how absolutely terrible the battery is?