10th April 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Thanks Meter: 13

144 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey there,

So I don't always message people, but when I do I rarely get notified they replies. This mainly occurs in Hangouts and Facebook Messenger. What happens is I will message someone, close the messaging app, lock the screen and wait for my led notification light to alert me that I have a reply. But every now and then I don't!!! I currently run the Paranoid Android Beat4.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
10th April 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,521

3,995 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMennis

Hey there,

So I don't always message people, but when I do I rarely get notified they replies. This mainly occurs in Hangouts and Facebook Messenger. What happens is I will message someone, close the messaging app, lock the screen and wait for my led notification light to alert me that I have a reply. But every now and then I don't!!! I currently run the Paranoid Android Beat4.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

I have also the same problem with all the apps that send notifications....fb,fb messenger,g+ and tapatalk...fb and fb messenger sometimes send notifications...g+ and tapatalk almost never....
10th April 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #3  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 197

804 posts
More
When I wake up in the morning I have to manually check my messages and gmail because sometime through the night the notifcations disappear. It could be something crashes during the night, because I know I am reaching onto my desk from my bed to clear the notification but leave it unread.
11th April 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 327

1,391 posts
More
Same here. I made a post referring to the phone sleeping through notifications. Seems it can happen with any notification but mostly I notice it with Hangouts.

I have a feeling this issue is what many people are actually referring to when they say their notification LED doesn't always work. Except the sound doesn't play either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #5  
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 10

229 posts
More
Same here. I have to physically open. Hope this gets fixed in 4.4.3 update!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dec1153 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread