Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not always getting notifications!!

Tip us?

TechMennis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Default Not always getting notifications!!

Hey there,

So I don't always message people, but when I do I rarely get notified they replies. This mainly occurs in Hangouts and Facebook Messenger. What happens is I will message someone, close the messaging app, lock the screen and wait for my led notification light to alert me that I have a reply. But every now and then I don't!!! I currently run the Paranoid Android Beat4.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
TechMennis

My Devices;
Phone: Google Nexus 5
ROM: CleaN5 Stock ROM
Kernel: Stock Kernel

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S I9000
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11
Kernel: CM Kernel

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
ROM: Slim ROM OFFICIAL 3
Kernel: Slim Kernel

Retired: HTC Wildfire S,Samsung Galaxy 5, Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
For the latest in Android Reviews, How-To's and More, Check out - www.youtube.com/TechMennis

pikachukaki
Old
Thanks Meter 2514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMennis View Post
Hey there,

So I don't always message people, but when I do I rarely get notified they replies. This mainly occurs in Hangouts and Facebook Messenger. What happens is I will message someone, close the messaging app, lock the screen and wait for my led notification light to alert me that I have a reply. But every now and then I don't!!! I currently run the Paranoid Android Beat4.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
I have also the same problem with all the apps that send notifications....fb,fb messenger,g+ and tapatalk...fb and fb messenger sometimes send notifications...g+ and tapatalk almost never....

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
When I wake up in the morning I have to manually check my messages and gmail because sometime through the night the notifcations disappear. It could be something crashes during the night, because I know I am reaching onto my desk from my bed to clear the notification but leave it unread.

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 253
Same here. I made a post referring to the phone sleeping through notifications. Seems it can happen with any notification but mostly I notice it with Hangouts.

I have a feeling this issue is what many people are actually referring to when they say their notification LED doesn't always work. Except the sound doesn't play either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32

dec1153
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Same here. I have to physically open. Hope this gets fixed in 4.4.3 update!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dec1153 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]