Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ghost called me?

OP nooktablet

7th February 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 133

759 posts
Today I received an incoming call from a known number (my friend) and when I accepted the call (slide to the right) the timer started counting and I was hearing the sound that you hear when you dial somebody. Because, it was, in fact actually dialing that number. My friend didn't pick up her phone (busy or something) so I got the message "please leave a voicemail..."

And that happened about 4 more times, one of those time she picked up the phone and asked why I called her. I said I didn't call her. I received an incoming call from her. And after that until now I keep receiving a notification saying "new voicemail" and there are new voicemail. And these voicemail are the sound mentioned above (the sound you hear when you dial somebody).

So what happened? How can an incoming call when accepted call back? And who made the calls? It appeared that my friend had access to her phone, not like it was stolen or something.
7th February 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 315

2,020 posts
More
It can possibly be the network provider (yours or your friend's carrier) acting up. That issue doesn't sound like its the actual phone. Have both you and your friend call both of your carriers and ask them to reset the network. Explain the situation to them. Maybe they were doing some testing/maintenance and it interfered with the service.

sent from my neXus 5
7th February 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #3  
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 73

740 posts
More
Call the police

Sent from my Nexus 5
7th February 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
Thanks Meter: 936

4,341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber

Call the police

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEVER call police!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P.Mobile For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #5  
GuGuPlace
Thanks Meter: 202

545 posts
More
Valentines day is close and that friend maybe....cupid did it?
7th February 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 234

175 posts
More
Google's algorithms have determined that you two really need to talk.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotFromMountainView For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 133

759 posts
I followed dicecuber's advice and called 911. I was told that this was done by the NSA.

Just kidding

Now things seem to be peaceful. No more calls from my known-but-unknown friend. I now have 6 voicemail like that though. Wasted about 30 minutes to listen to those voicemail, and I'm using T-Mobile $30 100-minute plan.

I thought of the possibility of an app on my phone doing this and am considering doing a factory reset, but I'm not sure if it's even possible for an app to do that. Not to mention I believe I don't have any malicious apps on my device.
- If I do a firmware restore would I need to calibrate the battery?
- Do you add an "s" after "voicemail" to make it plural?

For those that are wondering, this is absolutely not a trolling post nor a joke.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread