Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Do the glossy sides of the White version scuff and scratch?

Tip us?

teamshao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Do the glossy sides of the White version scuff and scratch?

Hey everybody,

About to finally come from the N4 to the N5, but I'm having trouble picking a color. I love the white, but I'm worried that the glossy sides of the white version is going to scuff and scratch pretty badly - what are your experiences with it?
Sony Ericsson z520a -> Sony Ericsson w810i -> Sony Ericsson w760a -> Sony Ericsson c905a -> Nokia N8 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc -> HTC One S -> Google Nexus 4 -> Google Nexus 5

atn_chargers
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamshao View Post
Hey everybody,

About to finally come from the N4 to the N5, but I'm having trouble picking a color. I love the white, but I'm worried that the glossy sides of the white version is going to scuff and scratch pretty badly - what are your experiences with it?
Haven't had any issues with mine, but I haven't dropped it. Im sure it would scuff and grt scratched if you drop it but i guess it applies to all phones. Also it stays in a case when I'm out and about. It stays naked in the house.

Chad_Petree
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Don't buy the white version, I have it and the glossy black sides scratch like crazy on the corners :/ near where the speakers are :'(

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
If you're going to put a case on it then no.

Otherwise its just general wear and tear on the phone and it will happen eventually.

Sent from The Deathstar

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 201
I went to check mine just to find out that I haven't removed the sides and top black stickers. From november.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tags
scratch, sides, white