Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GMail Keeps Force Closing

Tip us?

jblazea50
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
Default GMail Keeps Force Closing

So yesterday my phone automatically rebooted for some reason and now GMail app keeps force closing. Every time I click on the app, it says, "Unfortunately, GMail has stopped."

I've un-installed the app, rebooted, and re-installed from market. Yet, still same message. I've done a factory wipe and installed a different rom, yet still same force close. I can check my gmail from browser but the app keeps force closing.

I can't figure out how to get this fixed. So, any advice or suggestions?

guiltyundertaker
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblazea50 View Post
So yesterday my phone automatically rebooted for some reason and now GMail app keeps force closing. Every time I click on the app, it says, "Unfortunately, GMail has stopped."

I've un-installed the app, rebooted, and re-installed from market. Yet, still same message. I've done a factory wipe and installed a different rom, yet still same force close. I can check my gmail from browser but the app keeps force closing.

I can't figure out how to get this fixed. So, any advice or suggestions?
I have the same problem on HTC One X running Viper rom. It started yesterday and I've restored rom from backup, deleted all account data, deleted and reinstalled gmail and the latest play services apk, I've tried allsorts but still no joy. I got gmail to work briefly earlier after reinstalling everything, it synced all my mails and worked perfectly, then as soon as I closed it and went back to it it crashed again. I've read that it's a problem on googles side, so now I'm just waiting and hoping it'll start working again at some point over the weekend...
Phone Model:HTC One X
Rom:ViperX 4.1.1
Kernel:OnelyX #023 LQ UV
Governor/Scheduler:interactive/Deadline
Theme:Red Venom 4.1.1
Recovery:TWRP 2.6.3.0
TWRP Theme: Sense w/Icons
Boot Animations:HTC One PureBlack+beats
Inverted Apps:Too many to mention:Team Blackout
HBoot:1.39
Operator:GiffGaff

jblazea50
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyundertaker View Post
I have the same problem on HTC One X running Viper rom. It started yesterday and I've restored rom from backup, deleted all account data, deleted and reinstalled gmail and the latest play services apk, I've tried allsorts but still no joy. I got gmail to work briefly earlier after reinstalling everything, it synced all my mails and worked perfectly, then as soon as I closed it and went back to it it crashed again. I've read that it's a problem on googles side, so now I'm just waiting and hoping it'll start working again at some point over the weekend...
I figured it out or at least, it's working now. I just flashed the Paranoid Android GApps instead of Banks GApps.

PA GApps