Rarely faced 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Nexus 5 on KK 4.4.4.hanging

OP deepak180688

3rd July 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I have recently updated to kitkat 4.4.4 recently via OTA. after that update the phone is hanging anytime like watching youtube,opening help menu and getting rebooted, i want to get back to 4.4.3 if no other go with 4.4.4 is available. i have already formatted the phone via recovery mode and lost all my data. initially when i was having 4.4.2 it was running great never hanged i had data full upto 12 GB out of 16 GB. 5-6 nos of HD games were there nothing was happening. But now i am very unhappy with nexus 5. in 4.4.4 when it reboot it hangs in between rebooting process i.e. at the google logo, four clour boot animation. nearly after 5-6 time reboot is done then it gets into homepage. kindly advise.
3rd July 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
Is the bootloader unlocked? If so, then flash a custom recovery on it and dirty flash vomer's stock rooted 4.4.4 rom.

Constant reboots on the Google logo could also mean some kind of hardware issue as well.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
3rd July 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Is the bootloader unlocked? If so, then flash a custom recovery on it and dirty flash vomer's stock rooted 4.4.4 rom.

Constant reboots on the Google logo could also mean some kind of hardware issue as well.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

I have not done anything except updating through OTA. I dont want any flashing of custom software versions. i want to go back to 4.4.3. Should i go back to LG service centre for giving to check.
3rd July 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,802

24,979 posts
More
The likelihood is a factory reset will fix it. I recommend a reset after OTA as often issues occur such as this.

Otherwise, flash the factory 4.4.3 image but you have to unlock bootloader to do that which also factory resets the device

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
3rd July 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

The likelihood is a factory reset will fix it. I recommend a reset after OTA as often issues occur such as this.

Otherwise, flash the factory 4.4.3 image but you have to unlock bootloader to do that which also factory resets the device

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have done factory reset through recovery mode once after that still the problem is persisting. Now my nexus 5 is running in safe mode. I believe the problem has caused by some the 3rd party apps. so i will check my phone is safe mode for 2-3 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to deepak180688 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread