Google Now is not available on the Nexus 5. How i can fix it?

Search This thread

giwrgos

Feb 4, 2010
Nicosia
www.prime-hosts.com
Hello everyone, i'm trying to solve a problem that I'm having with the Google now on the new nexus 5. The slide from left to right option on the home page to open the google now is not available on the nexus 5. I have uninstalled the updates, reinstalled the updates, cleaned the data, removed and re-add the account in the Google Settings - Search - Account & privacy - Google Account, but still i'm not having the option of google now and google cards to enable it. How i can fix this issue and enable the google now? Have in mind that the location services inside the location-settings says not available in Cyprus. is it this the reason or takes time to enable the google now from google because the gmail that is on the nexus 5 was on gingerbread phone before?

thank you

zombicidal maniac

Jun 28, 2010
New London, CT
Have you tried long pressing on the home screen for the options and selecting Settings and enabling through there? I'm not sure about your location settings but this should enable Google Now.

fergie_uk

Dec 5, 2005
Are you a Google apps user? If so you need to enable Google now in the Google apps administration.

hoopsdavis

Sep 25, 2008
Woodbridge, Va
Have you changed your launcher? Google Now (slide from left) is only available on the stock launcher. (I don't think anyone has created a launcher with this option yet. (If so please share the info)

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
the email is not. can i enable it without to be google apps user?

It's a Google service - you need a Google account. Create a Gmail account and log in to phone with that (or play store at least) and it should work - otherwise I would try the Google support forums.

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
From the home screen, tap the google search icon (or aka the google now bar)
you should see something that says get google now
tap it and follow the steps and select your account

i had to do that on my nexus 5

Last edited:

shotta35

Nov 30, 2008
NYC & Germany
I think people are trying to give you options to enable it from it's defaulted disabled state. It first needs to be activated (available) and since it isn't in your country then you can't do it via the normal methods. Your IP address is what enables or disables it based on country laws.

giwrgos

Feb 4, 2010
Nicosia
www.prime-hosts.com
I think people are trying to give you options to enable it from it's defaulted disabled state. It first needs to be activated (available) and since it isn't in your country then you can't do it via the normal methods. Your IP address is what enables or disables it based on country laws.
when i had the galaxy nexus and i was in Cyprus it was working fine. also on my nexus 5 is working fine as well

shotta35

Nov 30, 2008
NYC & Germany
Did you also have the latest Google Search on your phone then too? Are they side by side? It might have been disabled since an older update especially being built into the phone now vs something you manually download and install.

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
Have you tried removing your Google account and setting it up again? It happened to me once (when I was setting up the phone without logging in to my Google account), and that was the only way to get Google Now back.

Top Liked Posts