Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Google Camera Sucks

Tip us?
VaccaThreeSixteen Old
Thanks Meter
Default New Google Camera Sucks

Hi everyone,
The title is pretty clear. And I want the old one back. I want to be able to take pictures during video. I want to be able to change white balance. I want to be able to change scene mode. The lens blur is absolute poo. It straight up sucks. I know the real time picture ratio isn't right on the old one, but it just looks better with the added space. Is there any way to get back my old, functional camera back? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Android_Sheriff
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Settings > Apps > Camera > Uninstall Updates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_Sheriff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaimeletelierhay
Old
Thanks Meter 61
How could you NOT know how to uninstall updates. Should give the new update a chance, I agree that the massive are at the bottom isn't ideal but once you've messed around with the settings etc I personally think its better. And I'm pretty sure you can take a PIC whilst recording by tapping on the screen, don't quote me on that though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9796
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeletelierhay View Post
How could you NOT know how to uninstall updates. Should give the new update a chance, I agree that the massive are at the bottom isn't ideal but once you've messed around with the settings etc I personally think its better. And I'm pretty sure you can take a PIC whilst recording by tapping on the screen, don't quote me on that though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

None of the massive area in the bottom is part of the photo anyway so how is it less than ideal? At least now we can see what the photo will look like before we take it. No more accidentally missing part of the shot cause the screen shows more picture than photo.

@ProVickers check out pro capture. This is my main camera.

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robz2k
Old
Thanks Meter 1
really? I'm a big fan of it. I feel like the quality of the photos are much better too
The Following User Says Thank You to robz2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dec1153
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
None of the massive area in the bottom is part of the photo anyway so how is it less than ideal? At least now we can see what the photo will look like before we take it. No more accidentally missing part of the shot cause the screen shows more picture than photo.

Looks good. What's is it called?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9796
Pro capture. High res 16:9 too.

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
VaccaThreeSixteen Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post

Alright, I'll check it out, thanks!