Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google email app proble: cannot sign in and doubled inbox emails. Not Gmail app

Tip us?

cesar.maranhao
Old
(Last edited by cesar.maranhao; 7th January 2014 at 04:41 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Google email app proble: cannot sign in and doubled inbox emails. Not Gmail app

I am referring to the email app where you can sync several accounts. The problem is that when sending and receiving emails, for more than one time it says it could not sign in and then I receive repeated emails in my inbox.

The doubled emails are common and very annoying. I get them after I reply (I receive the exact same email I received just before replying).

The cannot sync issue appears when I am sending and receiving more than one email back and forth with someone.

Does anyone know what is happening?

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 142
May have something to do with the EMail server you are trying to connect to. I have 4 accounts (exchange, outlook, pop3) working using the Email app without issues (so far)

cesar.maranhao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14 View Post
May have something to do with the EMail server you are trying to connect to. I have 4 accounts (exchange, outlook, pop3) working using the Email app without issues (so far)
All the synchronised accounts are Gmail accounts. I do not know why is this happening

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar.maranhao View Post
All the synchronised accounts are Gmail accounts. I do not know why is this happening
Any reason why you aren't using the Gmail app instead? Works beautifully!

cesar.maranhao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Any reason why you aren't using the Gmail app instead? Works beautifully!
I use the Google email app because with it I can browse through all my email accounts

jj14
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar.maranhao View Post
I use the Google email app because with it I can browse through all my email accounts
How is the Gmail account set up in your Email app? POP3? IMAP?

I've never used the Gmail accounts on the Email app, so unsure about any common issues. Hopefully others will chime in.

cesar.maranhao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
How is the Gmail account set up in your Email app? POP3? IMAP?

I've never used the Gmail accounts on the Email app, so unsure about any common issues. Hopefully others will chime in.
Imap.Gmail.Com

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2882
You can switch accounts in the Gmail app, I have two working fine. I only use the stock Android email app for my domain email (POP3)
HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)

cesar.maranhao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
You can switch accounts in the Gmail app, I have two working fine. I only use the stock Android email app for my domain email (POP3)
did not know that, thanks for pointing that out.

but i would like to get the google email app working as i really like it.

cesar.maranhao
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Another question. When you receive an email with a link, is it possible for you to open it by just clicking on it?

My links are only recognised as text. From memory I think all links were click able but I can be mistaken.