Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Have google hangouts default to contacting via SMS

OP superskid

27th March 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I currently just use google hangout as my sms service, but I find it very annoying that every time I go to send a text I have to choose my contact and then scroll down to their phone number otherwise it will try to contact them via hangouts. A lot of times the contact doesn't have hangouts and I accidentally choose that method and realize and hour or so later when they haven't replied.

Is there anyway to have it default to contacting via SMS, otherwise I may have to install handcent or something.
justinisloco
27th March 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #2  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superskid

I currently just use google hangout as my sms service, but I find it very annoying that every time I go to send a text I have to choose my contact and then scroll down to their phone number otherwise it will try to contact them via hangouts. A lot of times the contact doesn't have hangouts and I accidentally choose that method and realize and hour or so later when they haven't replied.

Is there anyway to have it default to contacting via SMS, otherwise I may have to install handcent or something.

There isn't a way to change the default method. I usually just press the + icon and find the persons name.

Try using This If you like Hangouts UI but that annoys you.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I will give that app a try. I installed handcent very cool, but seems really sluggish.
justinisloco
28th March 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #4  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superskid

I will give that app a try. I installed handcent very cool, but seems really sluggish.

Yeah, evolve, handcent, all of them feel sluggish IMO. That other app is the closest app I can find to stock, although I prefer hangouts myself as of now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread