Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Have google hangouts default to contacting via SMS

Tip us?

superskid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Have google hangouts default to contacting via SMS

I currently just use google hangout as my sms service, but I find it very annoying that every time I go to send a text I have to choose my contact and then scroll down to their phone number otherwise it will try to contact them via hangouts. A lot of times the contact doesn't have hangouts and I accidentally choose that method and realize and hour or so later when they haven't replied.

Is there anyway to have it default to contacting via SMS, otherwise I may have to install handcent or something.
justinisloco Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by superskid View Post
I currently just use google hangout as my sms service, but I find it very annoying that every time I go to send a text I have to choose my contact and then scroll down to their phone number otherwise it will try to contact them via hangouts. A lot of times the contact doesn't have hangouts and I accidentally choose that method and realize and hour or so later when they haven't replied.

Is there anyway to have it default to contacting via SMS, otherwise I may have to install handcent or something.
There isn't a way to change the default method. I usually just press the + icon and find the persons name.

Try using This If you like Hangouts UI but that annoys you.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

superskid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I will give that app a try. I installed handcent very cool, but seems really sluggish.
justinisloco Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by superskid View Post
I will give that app a try. I installed handcent very cool, but seems really sluggish.
Yeah, evolve, handcent, all of them feel sluggish IMO. That other app is the closest app I can find to stock, although I prefer hangouts myself as of now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk