Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification

The post Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification … more

Intel at MWC 2015: New Chip Branding and Details

more

Microsoft Unveils the Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL

more

New Cyanogen Inc. Brand Identity, Qualcomm Partnership

The post New Cyanogen Inc. Brand Identity, Qualcomm Partnership appeared first on … more

Google Hangouts - unacceptable loading time

OP setspeed

12th February 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142

978 posts
More
Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.
12th February 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 220

831 posts
How many messages do you have? If you have several thousand messages, that might be causing the delay in loading
12th February 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 202

814 posts
More
I have never seen any thread about this before so it must be isolated to you. Hangouts was superquick for me but I uninstalled it in favor of textra.
16th February 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142

978 posts
More
I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.
16th February 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,302

3,228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed

Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.

Yep, it runs like molasses.
16th February 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 19

60 posts
yep i had the same issues on stock and custom roms
16th February 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 535

1,959 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed

I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,511

14,204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaws

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

This ^

If it's that important, have them email it to you. All SMSs are deleted as soon as they're read
16th February 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 455

1,329 posts
I got 15,000+ messages. I use hangouts on a regular basis and I never experienced it loading for more than 1.5 seconds on any situation.
I encountered that on my old Nexus S. But this is a Nexus 5. I don't expect hiccups or lags on any app and so far it delivers.

The Following User Says Thank You to ej8989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread