April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more

Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015 [Updated]

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Google Hangouts - unacceptable loading time

12th February 2014, 03:56 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
979 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.
12th February 2014, 04:01 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 227
 
858 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
How many messages do you have? If you have several thousand messages, that might be causing the delay in loading
12th February 2014, 04:04 PM |#3  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 202
 
814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
I have never seen any thread about this before so it must be isolated to you. Hangouts was superquick for me but I uninstalled it in favor of textra.
16th February 2014, 02:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
979 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.
16th February 2014, 03:29 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,307
 
3,266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed

Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.

Yep, it runs like molasses.
16th February 2014, 03:39 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
yep i had the same issues on stock and custom roms
16th February 2014, 03:53 PM |#7  
monkeypaws's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 536
 
1,963 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed

I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2014, 04:35 PM |#8  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,603
 
14,468 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaws

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

This ^

If it's that important, have them email it to you. All SMSs are deleted as soon as they're read
16th February 2014, 05:30 PM |#9  
ej8989's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
1,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I got 15,000+ messages. I use hangouts on a regular basis and I never experienced it loading for more than 1.5 seconds on any situation.
I encountered that on my old Nexus S. But this is a Nexus 5. I don't expect hiccups or lags on any app and so far it delivers.

The Following User Says Thank You to ej8989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes