FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Google Hangouts - unacceptable loading time

12th February 2014, 03:56 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.
 
 
12th February 2014, 04:01 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 232
 
More
How many messages do you have? If you have several thousand messages, that might be causing the delay in loading
12th February 2014, 04:04 PM |#3  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
I have never seen any thread about this before so it must be isolated to you. Hangouts was superquick for me but I uninstalled it in favor of textra.
16th February 2014, 02:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.
16th February 2014, 03:29 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,311
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed

Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.

Yep, it runs like molasses.
16th February 2014, 03:39 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
yep i had the same issues on stock and custom roms
16th February 2014, 03:53 PM |#7  
monkeypaws's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 536
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed

I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2014, 04:35 PM |#8  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,635
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaws

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

This ^

If it's that important, have them email it to you. All SMSs are deleted as soon as they're read
16th February 2014, 05:30 PM |#9  
ej8989's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
I got 15,000+ messages. I use hangouts on a regular basis and I never experienced it loading for more than 1.5 seconds on any situation.
I encountered that on my old Nexus S. But this is a Nexus 5. I don't expect hiccups or lags on any app and so far it delivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to ej8989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank