Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google Hangouts - unacceptable loading time

OP setspeed

12th February 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142

977 posts
More
Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.
12th February 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 203

788 posts
How many messages do you have? If you have several thousand messages, that might be causing the delay in loading
12th February 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199

814 posts
More
I have never seen any thread about this before so it must be isolated to you. Hangouts was superquick for me but I uninstalled it in favor of textra.
16th February 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142

977 posts
More
I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.
16th February 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,288

3,200 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed

Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.

Yep, it runs like molasses.
16th February 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 19

54 posts
yep i had the same issues on stock and custom roms
16th February 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 533

1,936 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setspeed

I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
16th February 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,234

13,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaws

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

This ^

If it's that important, have them email it to you. All SMSs are deleted as soon as they're read
16th February 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 441

1,296 posts
I got 15,000+ messages. I use hangouts on a regular basis and I never experienced it loading for more than 1.5 seconds on any situation.
I encountered that on my old Nexus S. But this is a Nexus 5. I don't expect hiccups or lags on any app and so far it delivers.

The Following User Says Thank You to ej8989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread