[Q] Google now launcher icon packs

OP arlrb

16th May 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
Are there any?
I want to keep the launcher but change app icons. All icon packs I can find in the play store require the installation of a different launcher.
16th May 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,159

23,156 posts
More
Icon Packs on the play store are installable. What you'd actually need to do is download actual images to use as icons (from NOT play store) and then use an app that creates shortcuts with custom images, then use THOSE shortcuts instead of the apps.

I used to do this using apps like "Desktop Visualizer". I'm not sure if this app still exists and if it does, whether it works on KK.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,321

3,998 posts
More
If you're using Xposed, you can try this out : http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...d-app-t2246783
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 492

2,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Icon Packs on the play store are installable. What you'd actually need to do is download actual images to use as icons (from NOT play store) and then use an app that creates shortcuts with custom images, then use THOSE shortcuts instead of the apps.

I used to do this using apps like "Desktop Visualizer". I'm not sure if this app still exists and if it does, whether it works on KK.

I've been using this for a few years this to created custom icons...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iconchanger.ad

Works fine with stock launcher, but one thing I've noticed on KK is that it seems that you need to make sure you don't already have the icon on one of your screens or it won't create the new one. So, say you're creating a new Chrome icon, remove the existing one first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CitizenLee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
Thanks. Used the xposed method in the end. The icon themer is now called unicon.
However, I can't find a way of changing individual icons with this, I can only install icon packs.
16th June 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #6  
Flag Somewhere quiet.
Thanks Meter: 2,030

3,411 posts
More
If your ROM has the new CM theme manager it works EXACTLY like Unicon, but without the need for Xposed and you don't need to restart apps like it prompts you to in Unicon. Also themes system wide in the same way.

Sent from my Nexus 5
16th June 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #7  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 126

356 posts
More
XGELS now allows you to use icon packs.
17th June 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 142

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlrb

Thanks. Used the xposed method in the end. The icon themer is now called unicon.
However, I can't find a way of changing individual icons with this, I can only install icon packs.

That's the only downside to Unicon. It's cool that it themes the icons system-wide, but you can't change individual icons if the icon pack doesn't have an icon for a certain app. It just applies random masking.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow

XGELS now allows you to use icon packs.

Yeah. I'm thinking I may finally switch to using XGELS for my icon theming (instead of Unicon) when the ability to change individual icons is added, which the dev is currently working on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread