Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more
Post Reply

Google Maps not detecting Location

21st July 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Hi guys,
Google maps is not able to detect my location when not on wifi. It thinks I am where my home is (shows a grey dot instead of blue when locating).
I am using GPS in high accuracy mode, google reporthing is enabled and I used another app to detect my location and it works so I am not quite sure what is going on..
Any idea?
Cheers
26th July 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 301
 
1,344 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad4321

Hi guys,
Google maps is not able to detect my location when not on wifi. It thinks I am where my home is (shows a grey dot instead of blue when locating).
I am using GPS in high accuracy mode, google reporthing is enabled and I used another app to detect my location and it works so I am not quite sure what is going on..
Any idea?
Cheers

The GPS antenna might be loose. You can test the GPS itself with Device Only mode to see.
26th July 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd

The GPS antenna might be loose. You can test the GPS itself with Device Only mode to see.

It detects the correct location works fine in other apps is just google maps :/
26th July 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad4321

It detects the correct location works fine in other apps is just google maps :/

Had the same problem a while ago because I changed the location permission settings with App Ops X for Google Services or something.
If you haven't hacked permissions ignore this post.
The Following User Says Thank You to tCC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tCC

Had the same problem a while ago because I changed the location permission settings with App Ops X for Google Services or something.
If you haven't hacked permissions ignore this post.

I might actually have done something with App Opps... How did yuo fix it?
26th July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad4321

I might actually have done something with App Opps... How did yuo fix it?

Check Google Maps, Google Play or Google Services etc to check if location, monitor location, etc is enabled
The Following User Says Thank You to tCC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tCC

Check Google Maps, Google Play or Google Services etc to check if location, monitor location, etc is enabled

It worked! Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank