FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Google Nexus 5 stuck on boot screen

1,687 posts
Thanks Meter: 637
 
By 072665995, Senior Member on 7th May 2014, 04:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys,

my brother owns a Nexus 5 (duh, otherwise why would i be here )

but anyways, his phone is just stuck at the boot screen. As in as soon as you try powering it on, it shows the Google sign but then it just continually restarts after that. I've tried entering the bootloader but as soon as I access it, it just forcibly reboots without me pressing anything. I'm kind of stuck here as I can't really do anything.

Does anyone have any clue what to do?

Edit: forgot to say he's full stock as in no root, no unlocked bootloader, no recovery etc.
 
 
7th May 2014, 05:22 AM |#2  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,462
 
More
Hi,

Keep the turned off for a bit and then try accessing the bootloader.. From there, go to the recovery and perform a factory reset.

If you can't access the bootloader or it keeps restarting again and again in bootloader, it might be a eMMC failure..

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 06:16 AM |#3  
korockinout13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 537
 
More
Could the power button be stuck?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to korockinout13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 12:13 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Hi,

Keep the turned off for a bit and then try accessing the bootloader.. From there, go to the recovery and perform a factory reset.

If you can't access the bootloader or it keeps restarting again and again in bootloader, it might be a eMMC failure..

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

I have certainly tried this. At the moment, im charging it. So let me get this straight, the only way around a dead eMMc chip would be
To RMA and request replacement?




Quote:
Originally Posted by korockinout13

Could the power button be stuck?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have also considered this as well. Is there anyway to get around this? Or perhaps fix this even?

Perhaps its also worth to note that it will only do this when its connected to a charger but when disconnected, it wont even turn on (as in no google sign or bootloader)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
7th May 2014, 12:18 PM |#5  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,684
 
More
If it's stock, what happened to cause the situation?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
7th May 2014, 12:25 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Same here - phone was in my bag overnight and off this morning (battery full).

When I started it up it went into boot loop.

Stock ROM, no modifications whatsoever, 2 weeks old phone.

Anybody else?
7th May 2014, 01:43 PM |#7  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,462
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 072665995

I have certainly tried this. At the moment, im charging it. So let me get this straight, the only way around a dead eMMc chip would be
To RMA and request replacement?

Yes. Motherboard needs to be replaced in the case of a dead eMMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkoehn

Same here - phone was in my bag overnight and off this morning (battery full).

When I started it up it went into boot loop.

Stock ROM, no modifications whatsoever, 2 weeks old phone.

Anybody else?

Phones are not meant to be kept in the bag.. May be the bag hit somewhere and the phone took a brunt of it? Who knows??
Or it could also be a random failure..

Can you access the recovery? If so, try a factory reset from there and see whether it boots up?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes