No registration required

[Q] Has anyone switched to HTC One M8?

OP mrc87

10th April 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

53 posts
Hey everyone,
I'm thinking of switching to the new One m8, has anyone done that? I saw a thread speaking of the old One, I'm curious about the new one. At my local Best Buy they only have the amber version and it can't even be turned on...
I would switch mainly for the materials it is built with but also I would like to try a different skin and the extra things this brings with it.
So... Has anyone passed to the new One?
The Following User Says Thank You to mrc87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc87

Hey everyone,
I'm thinking of switching to the new One m8, has anyone done that? I saw a thread speaking of the old One, I'm curious about the new one. At my local Best Buy they only have the amber version and it can't even be turned on...
I would switch mainly for the materials it is built with but also I would like to try a different skin and the extra things this brings with it.

Im about too, and yeah I would like to have a different feel on a phone, based on reviews its a good phone but also has some flaws like the camera, etc. And it also comes in a hefty price. But, its a good phone thats why I'll jump to it, anyways I'm still keeping my N5 so no loses for me. If I get bored with the M8 then I'll sell it. Lol!
The Following User Says Thank You to kernelhackx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
justinisloco
10th April 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc87

Hey everyone,

It startes getting really good toward the end...

But also, one reccomendation is to look at the HTC M8 Forums, If you check here, it will be (Mostly) people who may have tried it, but ended up not keeping it

Over there, youll get people who actually have it, and may have came from the N5

Personally, I had played with my friends, and I think its really cool, I love it, but I'd miss the "clean feel" of the N5
Last edited by justinisloco; 10th April 2014 at 06:27 PM.
10th April 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199

814 posts
More
I suggest going to ATT store to play with a real one, I was quite impressed. The only thing that bothered me was like the bottom speaker, htc logo, and then the softkeys. No real reason for the htc logo in that big of an area. If I could afford it I would buy it in all honesty.
10th April 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #5  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 315

2,020 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

I suggest going to ATT store to play with a real one, I was quite impressed. The only thing that bothered me was like the bottom speaker, htc logo, and then the softkeys. No real reason for the htc logo in that big of an area. If I could afford it I would buy it in all honesty.

From what I've read the bezel is big because the front facing speakers are utilizing that space.

Either way, it's a nice looking phone but I'll stick with my Nexus 5 until the next Nexus comes out.

sent from my neXus 5
11th April 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 13

72 posts
Donate to Me
Also behind the HTC logo is the antenna, I think I read that some where.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
11th April 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

53 posts
I too read that they had to keep the black bar with the logo for antennas and circuits... Too bad, it would have been better without but still, comparing it to the nexus 5, it's probably just half an inch taller.
Anyway, I went on and bought it, it should arrive tomorrow!
11th April 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #8  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 14

417 posts
More
After the Nexus 4 and 5 price I can't see my self spending 500 bucks or more on a phone. Also I hate leaving my phones naked and it kinda kills the purpose of buying such a nice build phone.
11th April 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #9  
Flag Red Bank, NJ
Thanks Meter: 28

407 posts
More
nope

To me its not worth the price when I already have a nexus 5
Practically the same processor ram screen size plus HTC bloat
And the camera is worse IMHO
I'm expected to pay a $300 premium for front facing speakers and metal casing that I would cover up with a case anyway. No thanks
11th April 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #10  
Flag Southport
Thanks Meter: 13

273 posts
More
I am sticking with my n5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread