[Q] Google Play Music All Access plays Songs muted sporadically

Tip us?

schilten
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Google Play Music All Access plays Songs muted sporadically

Device: Nexus 5 on 4.4.2 stock

Problem: When listening to Music on Google Play Music Songs often suddenly play muted. Starting the app and listening the music always works fine, the problem occurs at various intervalls after starting to listen. This always happens at the beginning of a new song. The app is showing correctly that the music is playing but I can't hear any music. Skipping to the next track or restarting the Song "fixes" the Problem. Happens during Streaming as well as Songs stored on my Device. Factory reset didnt fix the Problem. Sometimes this happens two Songs in a row, sometimes like 1 out of 10 Songs. Very annoying though if you're riding your bike or if you want to listen to music with friends if you have to skip songs all the time to avoid random akward silence. Didn't have this problem on my old SGS3.

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I have this problem occasionally too. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it but it does happen at the beginning of the next song. Just sits there with dead air until I skip to the next one. Very annoying.

sent from my hammerhead

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 169
I would sometimes have this problem if I was going from a song that is on my device to a song that isn't on my device that was in the cloud. I would skip to the next song and then back and it would work fine, is this similarly what you are experiencing? I do not have a solution just sharing your pain.

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
I would sometimes have this problem if I was going from a song that is on my device to a song that isn't on my device that was in the cloud. I would skip to the next song and then back and it would work fine, is this similarly what you are experiencing? I do not have a solution just sharing your pain.
nope for me it's all with songs that are on my device... hope someone chimes in with a solution, the only thing I can think of is some of my media files might be in a different format (mp3, mp4, etc) but my understanding was all formats were compatible...

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
If what you describe is the actual cause of the glitch, you did find a workaround: Make sure each playlist is comprised of either "on device" music or "in the cloud" music, but not both.

Sent from my Nexus 5

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK46 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Cool but I'm experiencing this with all music on device

sent from my hammerhead

floridaglyn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
Cool but I'm experiencing this with all music on device

sent from my hammerhead
Did you ever resolve this, I'm having the same issue on a galaxy note 3, with music stored on my device, every time it moves the next track the song is muted, hitting stop and then play fixes things. Very frustrating.