Ask a question

No registration required

Google Play Music has no equalizer

OP gamerboy249

12th January 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I installed the Xloud+Beats+DSP manager mod but I was not satisfied with the sound quality. So I uninstalled DSP manager using root explorer but doing so also wiped the equalizer settings in google play music. I did a factory reset but no avail. I uninstalled google play music and then re-installed but still no result. I don't know what else to do now. Any help would be really appreciated.
12th January 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 387

1,750 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerboy249

I installed the Xloud+Beats+DSP manager mod but I was not satisfied with the sound quality. So I uninstalled DSP manager using root explorer but doing so also wiped the equalizer settings in google play music. I did a factory reset but no avail. I uninstalled google play music and then re-installed but still no result. I don't know what else to do now. Any help would be really appreciated.

I'm pretty sure you can find the DSP Manager apk and install it. Otherwise, how about a third-party equalizer app? I use Equalizer with Google Play Music. It's great because it automatically changes the settings according to the type of music playing.
12th January 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,028

1,728 posts
More
Try out Viper4Android. Installing and uninstalling is easy as it installs as an apk. It'll auto install or uninstall the driver and after you reboot it's good to go. There are a lot of settings to play with but it's more than worth it. I have used almost every single eq on PlayStore as well as AC!D, Beats, Sony, DSP Manager, PowerAmp, WinAmp, Nozzy Player and IMO none of them comes close to what can be achieved with Viper. PM me if you like some settings to try out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223
Last edited by AndrasLOHF; 12th January 2014 at 03:45 PM.
13th January 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Thanks for the reply but I solved the problem by flashing the stock ROM for 4.4.2
16th March 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerboy249

Thanks for the reply but I solved the problem by flashing the stock ROM for 4.4.2

Try seeing if music fx is disabled. Settings>apps>disabled
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread