XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Play Music Voice Search Not Working

Tip us?

robjulo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Google Play Music Voice Search Not Working

Just got my Nexus 5. I had this exact same problem with the Moto X I had, which I returned last week.

I cannot Voice Commands to play music that is not stored on my device.

For example, when I say "Ok Google, Listen to Van Halen" I get the response "Playing Van Halen". A box with picture of Van Halen then comes up, a blue progress bar moves from left to right. The Google Play Music icon (the headphones icon) is in the bottom left corner of that box. When the progress bar gets all the way to the right I get a "No Results Found" message and the Google Play Music Settings comes up.

Van Halen is in my library. When I had this issue with my Moto X, the issue went away once I manually put the music on my device. However, I don't want the music on my device because of the limited storage.

Where am I going wrong?

AndrasLOHF
Old
Thanks Meter 554
This feature is the most spotty feature in Google voice search to me. I do keep music on my device and even then it'll work when it wants to. I can repeatedly request to play the same song and sometimes it'll play and sometimes it'll do a web search for the song. I have no idea why Google hasn't gotten this right yet and with as accurate as some of the other voice commands are it's pretty silly that it doesn't work so well.
Nexus 5 PandaTrooper on that Slim!!!

Get your eargasm herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...droid-t2543796

robjulo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I did some additional testing. I can get it to work (most of the time) by asking it to play or listen to the song name.

Asking by artist, for every artist I've tried so far, still results in "no results found".

Apple has this down pat with Siri. Google needs to get this right if they are going to discourage use of sd cards.