5,599,478 Members 39,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does the Google Play Nexus 5 ever go on sale?

Tip us?

joshpdavis80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Does the Google Play Nexus 5 ever go on sale?

I know it just came out, but I do not need to buy one until February. Should I wait?

Driv
Old
Thanks Meter 62
No you ough wait until next year when they realse the N6 i think.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Phone
Nexus 5 : AOSB 1.3.2
Kernel : Chaos-Kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to Driv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fcng
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Yes it does....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpdavis80 View Post
I know it just came out, but I do not need to buy one until February. Should I wait?
If you are waiting for Google Play Store, please don't wait for them. The best you can do is get free shipping or playstore credit. For retail, the price starts to come down after a few months. If it is close to Christmas, Easter or any major holidays then there are great deals to be taken.

jt3
Old
Thanks Meter 48
On a new device like this, Google doesn't usually reduce the price. They may offer additional incentives for the holiday season, such as Play Store credit, free shipping, etc., but that's about it. The price won't be reduced until just before the next nexus phone is released, probably 4th quarter 2014. Of course, there's always the possibility of some crazy event affecting the norm... but I wouldn't count on it.

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Phone is already cheap for what you get. Check out the Moto G for $200.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32

kayone73
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
The price is already so low for what it is. Please stop being so cheap.

Sent from my Nexus 5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current:

LG Google Nexus 5 32GB
HTC One 64GB Google Edition
Asus Nexus 7 FHD 2013 32GB
Samsung Nexus 10 32GB
The Following User Says Thank You to kayone73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

P.Mobile
Old
Thanks Meter 934
Quote:
on sale!!?? just like the other user said the moto g mite be the phone for u.. the N5 is already crazy cheap for what u get.. do be honest one of the main reasons i got the n5 is the development it gets.. this is my first nexus phone and i love it.. i have had some many top of the line phone in the past 3 years and none of them come close to the love this phone gets.. i will never get another htc one.. or a galaxy phone again... im sticking with nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to P.Mobile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshpdavis80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I am fine with paying $349.That is a great price for the phone. What I am trying to decide is whether to purchase it now or wait for February when I will actually get to use the phone. I want to purchase it now, so that I can have it already. However, if it it might get reduced between now and then, it would be wise to wait. In the past have the prices stayed constant until the new model came out?

jasonftfw
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I am fine with paying $349.That is a great price for the phone. What I am trying to decide is whether to purchase it now or wait for February when I will actually get to use the phone. I want to purchase it now, so that I can have it already. However, if it it might get reduced between now and then, it would be wise to wait. In the past have the prices stayed constant until the new model came out?

It dont get any better than what the price is on play store. Hell, I got a 32GB one and it was cheaper than what T-Mobile wanted for it. There's your savings lol

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Mobile View Post
i will never get another htc one.. or a galaxy phone again... im sticking with nexus
I'm done with Galaxy phones too. I booted up my S4 today to update it to the new MK2 OTA update because I'm getting it ready to sell. After a few weeks with my N5 I had already forgotten what a pain in the a$$ Knox is. Never again!