[Q] Google play services wakelock

OP omricn

11th June 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omricn

Everything is possible.. What exactly do you mean by "not properly synced"? My friend is experiencing the same behavior even after disabling location reporting.. Anyway.. This is the Google saga we've all been fighting with for as long as I can remember..

I mean by "not properly synced", as a sync icon comes but with an exclamation mark. for example, at contacts (as it was today) or Calendar

unfortunately helps to force the sync not always, then you're stuck in Battery drain until it works again (if it really it is)

Restarting the device does not always help. Which again speaks for a drain when synchronizing, because then the device does not always produce a better connection to the servers
12th June 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #22  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 692

1,244 posts
More
If anyone is wondering how I fixed my drain, I did it by reflashing my ROM and doing a clean wipe (disabling auto restore, not using backups,etc). Turning off location, sync, etc. Also, Turns out I'm stupid and used outdated PA GAPPS on 4.4.3 slimkat...
Drain is normal now (still horrible in comparison to some of guys as I keep brightness at max and play games ). Thanks for all your help guys

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by alb3rtt; 12th June 2014 at 03:37 PM.
12th June 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #23  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 54

314 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan-w

I mean by "not properly synced", as a sync icon comes but with an exclamation mark. for example, at contacts (as it was today) or Calendar

unfortunately helps to force the sync not always, then you're stuck in Battery drain until it works again (if it really it is)

Restarting the device does not always help. Which again speaks for a drain when synchronizing, because then the device does not always produce a better connection to the servers

I can relate to this. Recently, I have had issues with "Sync is currently experiencing problems" on my Google account and this has caused battery drain. This has been mostly on the "Contacts" sync option but in the past I've had the same with other items as well.

I've not been able to find a permanent fix. It seems to come and go periodically and if you google "Sync is currently experiencing problems" it's clear we're not alone.
4th July 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Hey guys,

after a few weeks of testing, I have found that it is probably yet to be a problem with the sync. I even can use the "location reporting" on again.
I have therefore decided for the targeted disable the sync feature at my workplace. For this, I use one of the many available parties automation tool (Automagic). Since then, the massive battery drain has not occurred again.

I hope I could help you with my experiences something.

Bye Stefan
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread