Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Now opens on screen unlock.

Tip us?
 
Kenooby
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Question [Q] Google Now opens on screen unlock.

Hi, firstly I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong place as forums generally confuse me.

The 'problem' is this. When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed, regardless if it was the last thing I looked at or not.

It is really bugging me, to the point I've turned off Google now, but I wonder if there is another solution,
as I really like this feature and having it as part of my home screens in kit kat.

Many thanks
 
mistahseller
Old
#2  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 192
Posts: 793
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis
If you swipe up on the lockscreen that will take you to google now when you unlock the phone.
 
PhilipTD
Old
#3  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,714
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenooby View Post
...When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed, regardless if it was the last thing I looked at or not...
Are you on the stock launcher? What type of screen lock are you using?

1PLUS 1 STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP
NEXUS 7 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP
NEXUS 1 EVERVOLV KK444 XPOSED TWRP

 
 
Kenooby
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
Are you on the stock launcher? What type of screen lock are you using?
Yes, I am using the stock launcher, and am using the default swipe screen lock, the one which displays a little round padlock icon
 
Kenooby
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
If you swipe up on the lockscreen that will take you to google now when you unlock the phone.
This is not from that upward swipe, it happens from any unlock. The phone unlocks as normal
except the first screen that appears is Google now. I've notice it only happens after around 5+ minutes of standby
 
PhilipTD
Old
#6  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,714
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenooby View Post
...When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed...
Upon unlocking, the GEL is supposed to load the Google Now UI on the hidden left homescreen so it's ready to be accessed with a swipe. From what you describe, it appears that the swipe-to-unlock gesture is also being registered as the swipe to the right that displays Google Now. Since Google Now is part of Google Search, it might be worth a try to clear data of Google Search. Also, does the same thing happen If you use a pattern or pin to lock the screen?

1PLUS 1 STOCK CM11S TWRP
NEXUS 5 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP
NEXUS 7 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP
NEXUS 1 EVERVOLV KK444 XPOSED TWRP

 
 
Kenooby
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD View Post
Upon unlocking, the GEL is supposed to load the Google Now UI on the hidden left homescreen so it's ready to be accessed with a swipe. From what you describe, it appears that the swipe-to-unlock gesture is also being registered as the swipe to the right that displays Google Now. Since Google Now is part of Google Search, it might be worth a try to clear data of Google Search. Also, does the same thing happen If you use a pattern or pin to lock the screen?
Hi, I tried a wide of the Google Search data, which wiped all homescreens.
Even so, the problem remains.

I have also used pattern unlock which resulted in the same thing happening.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more