FORUMS

NVIDIA Launches SHIELD Android TV at Google I/O

Since Android TV was announced at Google I/O 2014, there has been very little activity … more

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

Which IO Announcement Are You Most Excited About?

The keynote we had all been waiting for has just ended and it’s time to enjoy … more

[Q] Google Now opens on screen unlock.

Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Kenooby, Junior Member on 15th January 2014, 12:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, firstly I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong place as forums generally confuse me.

The 'problem' is this. When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed, regardless if it was the last thing I looked at or not.

It is really bugging me, to the point I've turned off Google now, but I wonder if there is another solution,
as I really like this feature and having it as part of my home screens in kit kat.

Many thanks
 
 
15th January 2014, 01:36 PM |#2  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
If you swipe up on the lockscreen that will take you to google now when you unlock the phone.
15th January 2014, 01:37 PM |#3  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenooby

...When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed, regardless if it was the last thing I looked at or not...

Are you on the stock launcher? What type of screen lock are you using?
15th January 2014, 01:51 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

Are you on the stock launcher? What type of screen lock are you using?

Yes, I am using the stock launcher, and am using the default swipe screen lock, the one which displays a little round padlock icon
15th January 2014, 01:56 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller

If you swipe up on the lockscreen that will take you to google now when you unlock the phone.

This is not from that upward swipe, it happens from any unlock. The phone unlocks as normal
except the first screen that appears is Google now. I've notice it only happens after around 5+ minutes of standby
15th January 2014, 04:08 PM |#6  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenooby

...When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed...

Upon unlocking, the GEL is supposed to load the Google Now UI on the hidden left homescreen so it's ready to be accessed with a swipe. From what you describe, it appears that the swipe-to-unlock gesture is also being registered as the swipe to the right that displays Google Now. Since Google Now is part of Google Search, it might be worth a try to clear data of Google Search. Also, does the same thing happen If you use a pattern or pin to lock the screen?
15th January 2014, 10:38 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

Upon unlocking, the GEL is supposed to load the Google Now UI on the hidden left homescreen so it's ready to be accessed with a swipe. From what you describe, it appears that the swipe-to-unlock gesture is also being registered as the swipe to the right that displays Google Now. Since Google Now is part of Google Search, it might be worth a try to clear data of Google Search. Also, does the same thing happen If you use a pattern or pin to lock the screen?

Hi, I tried a wide of the Google Search data, which wiped all homescreens.
Even so, the problem remains.

I have also used pattern unlock which resulted in the same thing happening.
27th December 2014, 11:01 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenooby

Hi, I tried a wide of the Google Search data, which wiped all homescreens.
Even so, the problem remains.

I have also used pattern unlock which resulted in the same thing happening.

This happens to me also. It doesn't happen all the time. It started after upgrading to Lollipop. Any answer to this yet?
11th January 2015, 05:18 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenooby

Hi, firstly I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong place as forums generally confuse me.

The 'problem' is this. When I unlock my phone, from the screen lock, instead of displaying my homescreen
Google Now is instantly displayed, regardless if it was the last thing I looked at or not.

It is really bugging me, to the point I've turned off Google now, but I wonder if there is another solution,
as I really like this feature and having it as part of my home screens in kit kat.

Many thanks

This still happens maybe once every other week. I wonder if it is related to the Google Now weather notification on the lockscreen that is somehow getting triggered when the phone is unlocked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes