[Q] Google search bar (googlequicksearchbox) not working on Nexus 5

23rd June 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Firstly, I have to say that this issue might only relate to Chinese-Simplified users, so if you do not want to spend your time on this, you may just skip it.
The phenomenon description:
The device is Nexus 5 32 GB UNROOTED (never rooted).
>set language as Chinese Simplified, and the Google Search bar (the Google Now entry) will not work. Input the key words and I can only get a whirling circle.
> Change the system language to Chinese Traditional or English (US/UK, etc), search via the Google search bar again, and it instantly works.
> Change the language back to Chinese Simplified and the Google search bar will be workable in the next ~1 day. After about 24 hours, I have to change the system language to activate the Google search bar again. I have "solved" this kind of issues for many times, but you know that this is not a "solution". Anybody know the reason for this phenomenon?

Additional information:
* This issue should not be related to the network condition because the Google search bar work immediately after changing the language.
** This issue only happened on my Nexus 5 but never on the *nexus 4*. My nexus 4 is always in the Chinese Simplified language condition and the Google search bar works well.
*** Switching the system language will also affect the Google maps cache. After changing (and changing back), the Google maps app will say that the cached maps have expired (in fact it was just cached hours ago).

So, is this a bug only on nexus 5? Is there a way to completely solve the problem and make the search bar work just like it on the nexus 4?

Thank you guys.
Last edited by Sunkins; 23rd June 2014 at 04:07 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google search bar, nexus 4, nexus 5
Previous Thread Next Thread