MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Google Services connectivity issues

16th May 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

241 posts
More
Hey guys. Really need some help here. I woke up this morning with google services connectivity issues. For some reason I can only connect to the play store, retrieve email in Gmail, refresh my files on drive etc while on wifi. While on LTE i get no connectivity at all. Other apps work fine. I can browse and stream on chrome, check gmail via chrome, use other apps etc. I have not the slightest idea what is causing this issue.

a huge percentage of my usage is with Google Music, i am a subscriber to all access. I am really sad that i have no tunes now, only the songs that are cached to my phone will play while on my mobile network.

I cant even send or recieve messages via the hangouts app. Ugh!

I am on a rooted Nexus 5 currently running aokp kitkat nightly 2014-04-18

I am really frustrated as I am sure you guys can understand. Any assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if there is any other info I can provide to help you guys give me some advice.

Thanks!
16th May 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag HENDERSONVILLE
Thanks Meter: 1,953

3,226 posts
More
http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/16...g/#more-140472

sent from my HAMMERHEAD
The Following User Says Thank You to CRIME INC. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,592

25,980 posts
and you should look at what threads are posted before starting a new one, as we are having a discussion about this issue right now http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...ncing-t2753735
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

241 posts
More
I guess this is an issue that many are having huh? How are you faring?
16th May 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

and you should look at what threads are posted before starting a new one, as we are having a discussion about this issue right now http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...ncing-t2753735

sorry for cluttering up the forum....I am so frustrated I forgot to use my brain for a second....just instantly thought "XDA community will come to my rescue!" because you guys are always freakin awesome.
16th May 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,592

25,980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandresstoyota

sorry for cluttering up the forum....I am so frustrated I forgot to use my brain for a second....just instantly thought "XDA community will come to my rescue!" because you guys are always freakin awesome.

i have the issue as well. found out several minutes after it started, as i noticed something keeping my device awake. looked, then realized it was trying to sync but couldnt. then play store and hangouts wouldnt work, so i realized it was a google issue.
16th May 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #7  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 63

579 posts
More
Good to see this post. I was just starting to think it was just me or t-mobile. I was only abel to get connected to google services by wifi. but what did help me was to turn off and on airport mode to force it to re-sign into the cell tower with a new connection. But I think google has fixed the problem by now. So far google services are working fine with my cell connection.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread