Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 52,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Services connectivity issues

Tip us?

briandresstoyota
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Google Services connectivity issues

Hey guys. Really need some help here. I woke up this morning with google services connectivity issues. For some reason I can only connect to the play store, retrieve email in Gmail, refresh my files on drive etc while on wifi. While on LTE i get no connectivity at all. Other apps work fine. I can browse and stream on chrome, check gmail via chrome, use other apps etc. I have not the slightest idea what is causing this issue.

a huge percentage of my usage is with Google Music, i am a subscriber to all access. I am really sad that i have no tunes now, only the songs that are cached to my phone will play while on my mobile network.

I cant even send or recieve messages via the hangouts app. Ugh!

I am on a rooted Nexus 5 currently running aokp kitkat nightly 2014-04-18

I am really frustrated as I am sure you guys can understand. Any assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if there is any other info I can provide to help you guys give me some advice.

Thanks!

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/16...g/#more-140472

sent from my HAMMERHEAD
The Following User Says Thank You to CRIME INC. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,447
and you should look at what threads are posted before starting a new one, as we are having a discussion about this issue right now http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...ncing-t2753735
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

briandresstoyota
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I guess this is an issue that many are having huh? How are you faring?

briandresstoyota
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
and you should look at what threads are posted before starting a new one, as we are having a discussion about this issue right now http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...ncing-t2753735
sorry for cluttering up the forum....I am so frustrated I forgot to use my brain for a second....just instantly thought "XDA community will come to my rescue!" because you guys are always freakin awesome.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandresstoyota View Post
sorry for cluttering up the forum....I am so frustrated I forgot to use my brain for a second....just instantly thought "XDA community will come to my rescue!" because you guys are always freakin awesome.
i have the issue as well. found out several minutes after it started, as i noticed something keeping my device awake. looked, then realized it was trying to sync but couldnt. then play store and hangouts wouldnt work, so i realized it was a google issue.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

boxcar8028
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Good to see this post. I was just starting to think it was just me or t-mobile. I was only abel to get connected to google services by wifi. but what did help me was to turn off and on airport mode to force it to re-sign into the cell tower with a new connection. But I think google has fixed the problem by now. So far google services are working fine with my cell connection.