XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] google voice problems

Tip us?

maxell505
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Phone [Q] google voice problems

Ok guys. I am on wifi and I have Google voice and everything set up on my Nexus 5. The thing is I do not get notifications every time i get a text. I went into the settings and checked everything and it is correctly set to give me a notification whenever i get a text or something. So can somebody please help me because i need to know when i get a text or something.

scruffymmh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxell505 View Post
Ok guys. I am on wifi and I have Google voice and everything set up on my Nexus 5. The thing is I do not get notifications every time i get a text. I went into the settings and checked everything and it is correctly set to give me a notification whenever i get a text or something. So can somebody please help me because i need to know when i get a text or something.
I assume when you say that you 'set up Google Voice' on the phone, you installed the Google Voice App. You'll need that (unless you tell GV to forward texts to your carrier-provided cell number in which case you're paying for a text message every time you receive a text to GV).

Assuming the app is installed, make sure you dig down into the settings to make sure notifications are turned on (it's pretty granular, you can choose vibrate on/off, play sound, etc